windows.winmd error

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
jajayao

windows.winmd error

Post by jajayao » Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi, I keep getting this error on publishing the sln:

Error Problem generating manifest. Could not load file or assembly 'opendental19.4b\CodeBase\bin\Release\Windows.winmd' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I have tried to "exclude" the file in the publish settings and it will then compile and debug.

However once I try to install I get an error that is doesn't match the manifest. Is this file necessary? if so, how do I properly load it or work around it.

Thanks. This is for version 19.4.

cmcgehee

Re: windows.winmd error

Post by cmcgehee » Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 pm

What version of Windows are you publishing on? I believe Windows.winmd only works on Windows 8 and later.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jajayao

Post by jajayao » Thu May 21, 2020 1:49 am

Windows 10. Using vs2019.

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 am

We never use the Publish feature for the OpenDental project, so I don't think we'll be able to help you. StackOverflow would be a better source of assistance.

I believe the Windows.winmd file is only used to store user credentials for middle tier. If you don't need that feature, you can remove the reference from the CodeBase project and comment out lines as necessary in PasswordVaultWrapper.cs.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software

jajayao

Post by jajayao » Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 am

Problem is in VS2019 I can't get the project to build.

Problem generating manifest. Could not load file or assembly '...\opendental19.4\CodeBase\bin\Release\Windows.winmd' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

also lots of these warnings:

Warning CS1591 Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'OpenGLWinFormsControl.deviceContext' xCodeBase ...\opendental19.4\CodeBase\Controls\OpenGLWinFormsControl.cs 73 N/A

Any help here is appreciated. I just want to be able to build and test it out.

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 am

I see. I tried to publish the OpenDental project and got the same error as you. When I try to do a simple build, it continues giving me the same error. I would recommend downloading the source code to a new folder and trying to build (not publish).

You can ignore all the warnings. They won't prevent building.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software