FormOpenDental.cs design view error

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
wainaina

FormOpenDental.cs design view error

Post by wainaina » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:15 am

Hello,
I get the following error when I try to open the design view of FormOpenDental.cs;

"The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: FormOpenDental --- The base class 'OpenDental.ODForm' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built. PopupEvent --- The base class 'System.Object' cannot be designed. ODGlobalUserActiveHandler --- The base class 'System.Object' cannot be designed."

what could be the issue?

cmcgehee

Re: FormOpenDental.cs design view error

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:56 am

I'm not exactly sure what could be causing that error. Do have .NET 4.7.2 installed? Recently we updated all our projects to that version.
Are you able to build the OpenDentalProject? The other day one of our developers committed some code that made OpenDental dependent on one of our private repositories.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

wainaina

Post by wainaina » Sat May 09, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi,
Yes I am actually using the latest .NET, yes I'm able to build and run the project, but I still need to make changes in that page. I downloaded the 3 latest versions and they all have that error, how can I fix that?

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm

When I get designer errors like these, usually some combination of cleaning the solution, rebuilding the solution, and closing Visual Studio does the trick.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com