Build warnings

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
wjstarck

Build warnings

Post by wjstarck » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:55 am

I can successfully build OD 5.7 but the build generates a lot of warnings since last night's commits.

Here are a few:

Warning 1 Could not find type 'OpenDental.UI.Button'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built. 0 0
Warning 4 The variable 'butDelete' is either undeclared or was never assigned. C:\Users\wjs\Desktop\opendental\OpenDental\Forms\FormAccountEdit.cs 217 0

My references look OK. Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:26 pm

OK....nvm

Apparently I had some corrupted resource files in /obj. Clearing this folder and recompiling seems to have done the trick.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

dwkrueger

Post by dwkrueger » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:38 am

It looks like you forgot to include 'FormAccountingLock.cs'

I get the fatal build error.

Error 1 Unable to create a manifest resource name for "Web References\FormAccountingLock.resx". Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Dans_GatewayNBk\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Eclipse3.3\opendental5.7\OpenDental\Web References\FormAccountingLock.cs'. OpenDental

PS Do you comitt the .sln file as well? What about the .suo (hidden options file)

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 am

Hmmm... weird, subversion wasn't showing that I had changed that one.

I haven't been committing the .sln and .suo files, as I have only seen Jordan do that when he's moving to a new version... should I be?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

grahamde

Commiting .sln and .suo files

Post by grahamde » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 pm

It is OK to commit OpenDental.sln because this file holds information related to which files are included in the project. It is also the case that, if you create a new file in a directory controlled by subversion, that file is not considered part of the project until it is added. You must always add the file before subversion starts watching that file for changes. As for the OpenDental.suo file, there is no need to commit changes to that file because it only holds session level information, such as which files you were viewing the last time you had Visual Studio open.
Derek
Open Dental Software