FHIR practitioners speciality nomenclature discrepancies

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
bravegag

FHIR practitioners speciality nomenclature discrepancies

Post by bravegag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello,

I have been developing and testing on top of two demo keys (my private one and the one shared here in this forum lately) and noticed that the practitioners specialty nomenclature has the following difference:

* In the former for a general DDS, the specialty name is `general`.
* In the later for a general DDS, the specialty name is `generalistic`.

Which one is the correct one to use? I have to keep updating my cover database to adjust for this depending on what FHIR API key I use.

TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni

cmcgehee

Re: FHIR practitioners speciality nomenclature discrepancies

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only place in FHIR that uses practitioner specialties is in the Practitioner resource. These specialties can be custom set by the office, so there is no standardized nomenclature.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

bravegag

Post by bravegag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi Chris!
cmcgehee wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only place in FHIR that uses practitioner specialties is in the Practitioner resource. These specialties can be custom set by the office, so there is no standardized nomenclature.
You're correct, it is the Practitioner resource. However, note that my demo install is the freshly download install with all upgrades, I have not changed those nomenclature values and the ones in your deployed demo key I assume neither have been customized and yet somehow they have different values ...

Any ideas?
TIA.
Best regards,
Giovanni

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:16 pm

The demo API key is connecting to a personal database that I used for a couple years. At some point, I must have changed "General" to "Generalist".
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com