Installer query

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
ujjwal singh

Installer query

Post by ujjwal singh » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 am

I want to make some changes in the opendental program and i want the updated program should be installed from installer. Plz guide me with the way or flow should i follow as two differnt souce code is availabe one is for installer and other one is main programe.

Thanks.

jsalmon

Re: Installer query

Post by jsalmon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:08 pm

To use our trial installer with your rendition you'll first need to compress your files into an executable with a tool like MakeMSI. Then download one of our trial versions and extract the trial.exe to a folder. Navigate to Release | Open Dental Setup and delete the Setup.exe and replace it with the Setup.exe that you created with MakeMSI. Then, use a tool like WinRaR or something to re-compress the folders that now contain your Setup.exe and make sure to make it "self-extracting" that way when people double click on your installer, it will automatically take them to the typical installer window where they can check the boxes for MySQL, Open Dental, etc.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com