CPU mismatch compile errors.

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
deedplot

CPU mismatch compile errors.

Post by deedplot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Warning 38 There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Users\TomHPdv7\Desktop\Open Dental Source\OpenDentBusiness\bin\Debug\OpenDentBusiness.dll", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. MobileWeb

I need a little help with this problem. Is there a way to globally set every project in the entire solution with the same processor in Visual Studio Professional 2012. I have tried going to the individual projects to set this but the Warning will not go away. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

jsalmon

Re: CPU mismatch compile errors.

Post by jsalmon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm not aware of a global place to set Platforms within VS. I always right click on the Solution in the Solution Explorer and click "Configuration Manager...". This will list out every project allowing you to toggle Platforms, Builds and more.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

deedplot

Post by deedplot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks Jason, I guess I will just have to be more persistant in finding all of the areas and set them to x86.

Tom Rider

deedplot

Post by deedplot » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:26 am

I finally got rid of these errors by going to the .sln file and changing all references to |Any CPU to |x86. The errors are gone and the program compiles and runs without them.