Appointment Move Bug in 12.4

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
parljohn

Appointment Move Bug in 12.4

Post by parljohn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Just encountered a bug in the appointment move feature of the latest release 12.4.
This feature was added when moving an appointment (not sure why, would like to know):
LINE 3272 in ContrAppt.ContrApptSheet2_MouseUp:

for(int i=0;i<procsForSingleApt.Count;i++) {
procCodes.Add(ProcedureCodes.GetProcCode((long)procsForSingleApt.CodeNum).ProcCode);
}
Recalls.SynchScheduledApptLazy(apt.PatNum,apt.AptDateTime,procCodes);

The problem is, above this code at line 3254 is the following code:

if(apt.AptStatus!=ApptStatus.Complete) {
if(procsForSingleApt==null) {
procsForSingleApt=Procedures.GetProcsForSingle(apt.AptNum,false);
}
Procedures.SetProvidersInAppointment(apt,procsForSingleApt);
}

This means if you move a completed appointment (which we do quite often because we re-organize our appointments based on flow more than date and time) it won't set the value of procForSingleApt which then throws a NULL object Exception every time we move it. If that could get fixed quick that would be awesome. Would also like to know the logic behind resetting the recall logic every time we move an appt. It would make sense if we changed day, but in this case we are only re-organizing in the same column on the same day. Let me know. Thanks.

jsalmon

Re: Appointment Move Bug in 12.4

Post by jsalmon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:00 pm

This was fixed and released with v12.4.29. Bug description: "When moving an appointment, error message if no procs on appt."
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com