Recent MySQL errors with plugin (resolved)

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
wjstarck

Recent MySQL errors with plugin (resolved)

Post by wjstarck » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 pm

I've been getting these randomly since about 7.2.38 or so. The only tables affected are those of the anesthesia plugin. I've checked and none of these tables are corrupted.

The plugin will crash, but if I quit and restart OD everything is fine.

Any ideas?
Last edited by wjstarck on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Recent MySQL errors with plugin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Hmm. Now why would it be wanting to rename your frm file? Are you sure the mysql user has all permissions for that database? If you're still using root, then you can rule that out. Are you using some backup software that might be doing that? Synch software?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Hmmm....I started with Carbonite Pro about a month ago. I'd be tempted to think that it was locking a file somehow, but it's only certain forms from the anesthesia module (other of my plugins are not affected) and it doesn't happen to any of the OD forms.

So I'm stumped...
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:25 am

It's Carbonite.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

OK, I'll have a look-see. Thanks.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Still having problems? Odd you would only have that problem in the Anesthesia Module alone, I guess Jordan knows a trick with the mysql-connector? Maybe check mysql server for errors?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ ... lient.html

That being said.. Carbonite would prefer you to make a backup of Open Dental and then tell Carbonite to backup that file...
http://carbonite.custhelp.com/app/answe ... 0/kw/mysql

Surprised you dont have some vpn backup to your house.. You should have like a PowerEdge T310 with OpenManage or that with a cluster of some sort with Drbd or even Windows.. You should let me show that to you as its fun to see.. Though for true automatic failover you need 3 devices to make a quorum... But manual failover isnt too bad... Or just use mysql-cluster and samba and drbd....

Still have the X-Serve?

I messed with reading up on having the 3d tooth chart in Linux and currently give up.. As you need to change up some stuff to make it work.. or wish a guy named "The Fiddler" would make his script work on Nix. :shock:

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm still having this crash occasionally even with Carbonite disabled on the server. Just for kicks, I tested it at home on a 64 bit box running Windows 7 Pro with the same db (Carbonite not disabled this time). Nothing.

So maybe it has something to do with 64 bit WIndows 2008 Server Enterprise edition. Otherwise I'm stumped.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Do you have to rebuild a database or get database corruption? I have noticed that as well inside of vmware, and usually reinstalling MySQL does the trick... but I have to wipe a virtual machine last month over it corrupting the database... Something to do with vmware... But I am using version 6.x... And I didnt care to fix it, I just created a new virtual machine.. as this was when I was messing with the wine emulator.

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 am

Yes, using VmWare ESXi 4.1. Can't say I ever had the problem on my old ESX Vm, which ran on Ubuntu. I ran Windows 2008 Server 32 bit then. I've repaired all the tables with NaviCat (I know Jordan prefers MySQL Administrator, so maybe I should try that) but the problem is still popping up.

Anyways, I did some Googling which suggests that Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 might be locking the files in C:Windows\Temp during an antivirus scan, so I'm going to exclude this folder from antivirus scans this week and see if the problem goes away. I still don't understand why it only affects some of the Anesthesia plugin tables, and not my other plugin, and none of the OD tables. Guess I'll start paying more attention to the error messages, to see if it's only affecting certain tables, then maybe I can start looking for clues in the code... :roll:
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

wjstarck

Re: Recent MySQL errors with plugin (resolved)

Post by wjstarck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:32 am

I appear to have resolved this issue. It appears to have been *both* Carbonite and/or Symantec Endpoint 12 locking the files at various times, which is why it was so difficult to track down. Turning off Carbonite during business hours and writing an exclusion policy for Symantec Endpoint has resolved the problem.

I'm guessing the reason it was occurring only with my Anesthesia plugin files was because they were the first ones loading when OD starts (since my plugin begins with "A').

Onward to the next problem... :lol:
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA