Another plugin question

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
wjstarck

Another plugin question

Post by wjstarck » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:21 pm

If I drop all of my plugin related files into the Open Dental program folder, everything works fine.

However, my automatic updating feature relies on a separate .dll file as does the licensing feature

But if I put all of this in a subfolder, my plugin will launch, but OD will complain it can't find the others. Is there a straightforward way to handle these dependencies so I can maintain all my files in a subfolder?

Thanks
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Another plugin question

Post by jordansparks » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, you are certainly free to put it all in a subfolder. All we have to do is make the path right within OD for finding that dll. I assume you have tried adding a foldername before the file in the ProgramLink edit window? Or some tweak along those lines?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

wjstarck

Re: Another plugin question

Post by wjstarck » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:30 pm

jordansparks wrote:Well, you are certainly free to put it all in a subfolder. All we have to do is make the path right within OD for finding that dll. I assume you have tried adding a foldername before the file in the ProgramLink edit window? Or some tweak along those lines?
Yes, that works for the Anesthesia.dll, but I have some additional dlls that are called from the main dll, and that's what's causing the problem. Looks like it can be done by adding them to the GAC, but that's a huge hassle, because they all have to have strong names, and then the compiler wants several of the OD dlls to have strong names as well, and I don't even know if that's doable from my solution. So it's easier, albeit less tidy, to have the dlls in the same folder as OpenDental.exe.

Unless you have some other idea, I'll just leave well enough alone :|
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA