Reference / Assembly

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
ADH

Reference / Assembly

Post by ADH » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi,

I kind of solved my problem, but I need some confirmation on this because I'm really not sure why this was a problem in the first place.

In the Open Dental project (right after downloading with SVNTortoise - so no changes to the original) I found references like xODR, xCodeBase, SparksToothChart, ... Six of those giving me a warning that the reference couldn't be found. In the reference list they were marked with a yellow triangle with exclamation mark. The dll's in fact weren't there so I built them for each separate project. 4 out of 6 had an assembly name exactly like the project name, but 2 of them (xODR and xCodeBase) were built with an assembly name without the 'x' (ODR.dll and CodeBase.dll).

I removed all 6 of the references and added them again (the dll's in the /bin/release folder of each project). Originally I couldn't get forms in the designer view due to these warnings. Seemed logical, since they needed the components mentioned above. So now with the new references my problem is basically solved. The forms display in designer view.

My question, you ask? Well, why were the references in the reference list named xODR and xCodeBase and the assembly names in the project's properties without 'x'? Should I change the assembly name to xODR/xCodeBase or can I leave the ODR.dll and CodeBase.dll?

Thanks for the reply,
Ann.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Reference / Assembly

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 pm

I've heard similar complaints in the past. I just downloaded, and it built for me first time no problem. Are you talking about the head or some other particular folder? There's a chance that we fixed it in the head and did not backport the fix. There's also a chance that you tried to view forms without first building, and that all your reference mucking simply happened to include building the solution.

The x doesn't matter. It was a trick to make the projects show in a particular order.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com