Birthday Report Problems & Crash

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
V Suite

Birthday Report Problems & Crash

Post by V Suite » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Problems with the Birthday report (I use International not American Dates in version 6.6.27).

1. The displayed dates are month/day, but If I click Preview, with the selected dates (11/01, 11/30), it responds, "To date cannot be before From date".

2. The displayed dates are month/day, but if I enter a new date in that format, eg 11/16, the date is highlighted yellow. So I must enter it in the international format 16/11, upon which the program promptly changes it back to 11/16, and then 30/11 is changed back to 11/30.

3. Now (after changing the dates) when I click preview, it generates a preview of only 17 post cards with "Dear xxx. Happy -1916th Birthday! You are now -1916 years old, and several other negative dates. Only 17 persons when the Birthday Query returns 194 persons with the same date range.

4. If I click Report (after selecting 11/16 -11/30), it generates a list of 17 names with birthdates all listing "01/01/year" and ages "1-year" eg 01/01/1917 -1916

5. The Birthdays Report crashes if I click "Next Month -->".

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: months
at System.DateTime.AddMonths(Int32 months)
at OpenDental.FormRpBirthday.butRight_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at OpenDental.UI.Button.OnClick(EventArgs ea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

jamesx2

Re: Birthday Report Problems & Crash

Post by jamesx2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:01 am

We also use international dates and I have always had a problem with age and OD. I have several patients that are negative years old. I thought I was the only one, good to not be alone anymore.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:40 am

That's totally different from the problem posted here. I think those are left over from an older version.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

V Suite

Post by V Suite » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Actually I have negative ages Jordan.
3. Now (after changing the dates) when I click preview, it generates a preview of only 17 post cards with "Dear xxx. Happy -1916th Birthday! You are now -1916 years old, and several other negative dates. Only 17 persons when the Birthday Query returns 194 persons with the same date range.
4. If I click Report (after selecting 11/16 -11/30), it generates a list of 17 names with birthdates all listing "01/01/year" and ages "1-year" eg 01/01/1917 -1916
DOB 01/01/1917, age minus 1916. Moreover, the real date of birth was not 01/01/1917, so OD mis reported that as well.

I switched to US dates to see if there is any difference.
1. No prob there.
2. No prob there
3. No prob there. The correct ages are shown (2009-year) instead of (1-year).
4. No prob there. The correct birth dates are shown, and the correct ages (2009-year) instead of (1-year).
5. No prob there. Next month previous or subsequent works fine.

The negative ages may just be due to handling of international dates. I may need to use US dates (only) on the machine where the birthday reports are generated from (and continue using international dates on the other machines).

Cheers