Submit new Language

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
fadel.damen

Submit new Language

Post by fadel.damen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:16 pm

wave to everyone, I am translate opendental to es-py (Spanish Paraguay) I like to do to send translation

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Submit new Language

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Sounds great. Before you start, I think you can download and use the existing Spanish translation. Then, you just need to add special translations for Paraguay.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

fadel.damen

Post by fadel.damen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 am

is exactly what I'm doing, but still do not know how to send this translate

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:17 am

Oh. After you use the export button, you email the result to me. The plan is to enhance our central server to store and manage all the translations, but that's down the road.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:51 am

I tried to download a spanish translation but I get a message that says there is no translation available (version 6.6.28). I checked with the regional settings in Spanish for Mexico and Spain.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

hlobatoescoto

Post by hlobatoescoto » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 am

Hi Jordan.

I'm extending/improving the es-MX (Spanish Mexican) translation, but I have found that in some classes translation doesn't work 100%, for instance: ContrStaff (butAccounting, butAck, butBilling, butDeposit, butSupply, etc.). What I did, as a test, is add those controls to the Lan.C's params list, obviously, this code is going to be overwritten with next releases. Is there any aproach to translate all labels of the sollution? (programming some Plugins maybe) in SAP R/3, there are "Exists" ( Field Exists, User Exists, Menu Exists), user defined code that can be inserted in strategical points of the application to enhance/encrease the functionality.

For your attention, thanks a lot.

Horacio Lobato.
Software Developer, Cuernavaca, Mor., Mexico.

P.S.: I want to create an OpentDental Mexican Version( translate, configure the application closer to the Mexican Dental Practice, add some plugins, etc.) and offer this in the Mexican Dentist Market.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:23 pm

For the most part, you just have to let us know which areas do not seem to be translatable. Everything should be translatable, so I have put that down as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

hlobatoescoto

Post by hlobatoescoto » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm

jordansparks wrote:For the most part, you just have to let us know which areas do not seem to be translatable. Everything should be translatable, so I have put that down as a bug.
I'm going to prepare an inform with Classes that have controls not translatable and submit it to you then.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Horacio Lobato, Software Developer.