Visual Studio Software

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
jkeele

Visual Studio Software

Post by jkeele » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello to all...
Is Visual Studio Professional required to compile the OpenDentMobile project? I see that the folders are all included in the 6.3 SVN, but there is no project listed in the OpenDental solution.

After some work, I was able to get ODMobile installed on my HTC TynII using the msi file from the OD website. The Compact SQL was not installed on my device which has Windows Mobile 6.0, and it was fairly easy to install after I figured out which version to use. I did not want to do the upgrade to 6.1 because it would completely reset all my settings in the phone.

Dr. Sparks, thanks for the Mobile Version.
Regards from Switzerland
James Keele

drtech

Re: Visual Studio Software

Post by drtech » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:04 am

you only need the free, express version of C# to compile and edit

EDIT
sorry...for the main project you only need express.
Last edited by drtech on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:16 am

For the OpenDentMobile project, you do indeed need the Professional version rather than the Standard or Express version. Really? Compact SQL was not installed? It's about time for me to tackle that project again. It was put on hold for a week or two. I'll look into the SQL issue as well as the memory issue.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:13 pm

jkeele wrote:The Compact SQL was not installed on my device which has Windows Mobile 6.0, and it was fairly easy to install after I figured out which version to use.
Are you kidding me??!!!

You make it sound so easy. I've been fighting with it now for nearly four hours. I just can't believe they didn't build an installer for it. See the SQL Installation section on the Mobile page in our manual. Is that roughly what you had to do?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jkeele

Post by jkeele » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 am

HI,
Actually, not really easy for me either. I found the installation files in the VisualSudio 8 folder under SmartDevices, SDK, SQLServer, Client, V2.0, wce500 folder.... I did not know which processor to use for the HTC TynII, so I tried them all, starting bottom up... And of course, the last one , armv4i, worked.... So it was not so easy...
Regards
Regards from Switzerland