Easy options bug

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
gopo

Easy options bug

Post by gopo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 am

There is a bug when activating easy options, i.e. the modules are not hidden properly. You should set the Enabled property to "false" in addition to making a control invisible, otherwise when you hide modules they disappear from the screen but you can still click them.

FormOpenDental RefreshLocalData

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Easy options bug

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:50 am

You can't click on an invisible control. So you must mean something else. I would need a better description of the exact easy option that you are turning on, exactly which module is visible before you turn it on, what the exact behavior is after you turn it on, and what exact user action causes that behavior. Give it to me step by step.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

gopo

Post by gopo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:59 am

Typically to disable a control you must set ctrl.Visible = false; ctrl.Enabled = false;

Now to my problem. When you set Basic Modules Only in Easy Options, the buttons disappear from the outlook bar, but you can still click them. Try to click on the exact spot where the Manage button used to be, it will open the manage control. Normally, that can be easily fixed by setting Enabled to false, but in this case you are working with OutlookButton which does not implement this behavior. You will probably have to add this property to the OutlookButton and test it in mouse listeners.

richardwaite

Post by richardwaite » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 am

I can confirm this behavior, running head/6.2.

gopo

Post by gopo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:12 am

I was wrong about the general method for disabling controls, it seems that the visible property is sufficient.

The particular problem with the OutlookButton remains.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:44 am

Got it. I wrote the OutlookBar control, and it looks like a very simple tweak to change its behavior. Thanks.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com