Creating completed Procedures on Earlier Date

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
V Suite

Creating completed Procedures on Earlier Date

Post by V Suite » Tue May 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Greetings.
This may be critical.
I am using 5.5.18. I noticed today that even individuals without 'Edit Completed Procedure' authority can create new appointments in the Appointments Module on an earlier date (eg. yesterday), and set them complete. The completion date of the attached procedures will be the appointment date (eg. yesterday).
In addition, users can create new procedures with earlier 'completed' dates in the Chart module.

In my opinion, one should be able to add appointments for today and days after today, but there should be special security to prevent adding appointments for days before; special security permission to set appointments complete on days before today and should never be able to set appointments complete in the future; should be able to set procedures complete today, special security to set procedures complete for days before today and never never for days after today.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Creating completed Procedures on Earlier Date

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 27, 2008 6:28 pm

For some perspective, it's probably always been like that, and I can't think of any way that someone could take advantage of it to embezzle. So I would classify it as imperfect and possibly annoying, but not critical. One of our ongoing goals is more fine-grained permissions. We're also trying to centralize the security so that it will be easier to maintain and easier to get good control over all the many variances such as you have pointed out. So we will keep it in mind. I agree with your opinion of the way things should be.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com