Bad Math on the New Payment Plan Window

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
B.Thomas

Bad Math on the New Payment Plan Window

Post by B.Thomas » Wed May 21, 2008 1:49 pm

On our recent conversion to 5.6.25 we are finding incorrect calculations on the payment plan window in the account module. It seems on payment plans where a payment is split, the full amount is being applied to the first split only. Interestingly when we double click and open the payment plan the calculations and splits are correct there. However, it's not showing the same on the payment plan window.

Thanks guys,

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Bad Math on the New Payment Plan Window

Post by jordansparks » Thu May 22, 2008 7:42 am

I'll put it down as a bug for immediate fix. Thank you.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Mifa

Post by Mifa » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:49 am

Has this bug been fixed?

I have recently upgraded to 5.7 in production and have 5.8 in test. In both, I see some strange things when a payment is split between patients with payment plans. The balance and printed statements are OK. The payment plan pane in the account window is not: it shows a negative amount due for one patient and the same amount (positive this time) due for another patient (for example, I have a check for $152 split $64.8 and $87.2 between the guarantor's 2 daughters: after the split, one payment plan shows principal 64.8, paid 152, due -87.2 and the other shows principal 87.2, paid 0, due 87.2; both payment plans are OK in the payment plan window). Is it by design (I doubt it) or am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 pm

You revived a very old post. An old post like that regarding a bug is going to be very irrelvant. So I'm going to treat your question as completely new and separate from the original post.

The bug you are referring to was fixed on
5.9.5(beta) Released 8/25/2008
It looks like it was not carried back to 5.8, although it should be. I've put it down as a bug in 5.8. The fix is easy.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com