Install OD in my network place

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Jimmy

Install OD in my network place

Post by Jimmy » Tue May 06, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi all.

i want conect to the MySQL server in the clinic with 3 more pc in the same location and network. i just copy the folder "release" from my project with all files (.exe, .dll ) in other pc's but OD just work in the server where i compile with some custom changes.

when i click on the .exe file just appear the first form with image of tooth (welcome screen) after few seconds close and no more :cry:

all network is windows xp and all workstation have .net framework 2.0

please help.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Install OD in my network place

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 06, 2008 9:40 pm

Also copy all the files in the Required Dll's folder. If that fails, then start comparing the files in the trial version to the files you have copied. Look for a dll that is missing.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Tue May 06, 2008 10:09 pm

I have many diferent files. as OpenDental.exe.config or .pdb files and those files are'nt in the intall trial version. i just make some changes in 3 forms i cant understand why have this files. and i dont have Rdl editor .exe.

i have 27 .dll files and the trial version have 26

i get my Opendental.exe from C:\Opendental5_6\OpenDental\bin\Release

after build all project in VS2008.

it work good in the server where i compile and where i have MySQL but in other pc in the same network dont.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Then keep it simple. Just use the trial version files except for the OpenDental.exe which you substitute. This assumes you compile the same version as the trial version. Don't try it otherwise.

Or... match up file names with the trial version. I don't think you should have a pdb file in your bin/Release folder. Start learning what each file is and where it came from. Google pdb.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com