First time with RDLDesigner

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Mifa

First time with RDLDesigner

Post by Mifa » Fri May 02, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm trying to use RDLDesigner for the first time. I want to make some custom queries (Favorites) we've developped more easily available when we upgrade from 4.6 to 5.6. I'm stuck on the first screen for connecting to the database. The default phrase is Server=(local)\VSDotNet;DataBase=Northwind;Integrated Security=SSPI;Connect Timeout=5. I've tried modifying it with my OD setup information without success: how should I alter this phrase? I couldn't find any relevant help on the forum or the user manual. Can someone guide me please (for the sake of the discussion, assume the default locations and names for the mysql database "c:/mysql/"), and, please, don't hesitate to put details and examples?

Thanks Team!

mowgli

Re: First time with RDLDesigner

Post by mowgli » Tue May 06, 2008 12:12 pm

The initial connection string to use when creating a brand new report, in order to automatically create fields based on a query or data tables, is this:

Server=localhost;DataBase=demo;UId=root;

If needed, replace "localhost" above with the name of your MySQL server, and "demo" with whatever database you want to access. Once the basic report is created, and you've added the reference pointing to ODR.dll, replace the connection string with this:

=ODR.DataConnection.GetODConnStr()

Mifa

Re: First time with RDLDesigner

Post by Mifa » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks Mowgli! I'll try this as soon as I get a chance.