Minor bug report

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
alexei

Minor bug report

Post by alexei » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:59 pm

v.5.5.13

When adding two fillings, say #10 LI Comp. and # 12 LO Comp, if I select both teeth and hit the O/I and L buttons, it lists them both as 2 surface LI comps but then if you look at the details of #12 it's listed as just an L Comp and suggests you change to a 1-surface.

In other words when you use the O/I button it picks either O or I, even if you've selected multiple teeth where some should be O and some I, and then displays some slightly odd behavior. It would be better if it chose O or I as appropriate for each tooth.

DavidWolf

Re: Minor bug report

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:29 pm

I think that the bug has to do with entering treatment for an anterior tooth and posterior tooth at the same time. The program handles them differently. I don't know how easy that it is to fix.
But I do know that if you are careful not to try and do multiple entries which include both anterior and posterior teeth at the same time you will at least avoid the problem from occuring.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Since it's by design, we don't really consider it a bug. It's just something to keep in mind when doing multiple procedures at the same time.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

alexei

Post by alexei » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:48 am

OK. I would be happier if it threw up a notice instead of silently doing something unexpected, because it affects the integrity of the database. That's just my opinion, though, and now that I know I can work with it. Thanks!