Legacy Rx posts meds back to chart inconsistently

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
wjstarck

Legacy Rx posts meds back to chart inconsistently

Post by wjstarck » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:55 pm

New Crop Rx is hit or miss lately when it comes to posting the eRx back to the chart. Sometimes this can be fixed by clicking the eRx button again and then closing the window, sometimes not.

Currently I am running 21.2.24
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

joes

Re: Legacy Rx posts meds back to chart inconsistently

Post by joes » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:20 am

I reached out to our eRx team, and they referred me to a short list of troubleshooting steps:
1. When a script is sent from Legacy, the Legacy window must be closed when the provider is done prescribing.
2. Verify the issue by going into eRx from a different computer than the one from which the script was originally sent. If the script now shows up, there may be a firewall or antivirus issue on the original computer.
3. If this is just happening for one patient, it is possible that there is a duplicate patient on Legacy's side (may be caused by double-clicking the eRx button in OD).
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:33 am

FYI, this is still an issue, as of OD 21.3.19.

I can sometimes get the Rx to post back to the chart if I click eRx, switch tabs in eRx from Compose to Admin, then quitting eRx.

I use an LTE WiFi router for internet access, which can be a bit slow sometimes. I only use a laptop as my server, with no workstations. But I will try hooking up a workstation and see if the meds post there. eRx window is always closed when I am done writing a prescription.

So is it maybe a timeout issue with NewCropRx?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:29 am

Looks like this is due to clicking the Close button more than once rapidly. Clicking just once and waiting appears to have fixed the problem
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA