V19.1 Chart Module Layout

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
teethdood

V19.1 Chart Module Layout

Post by teethdood » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:57 pm

I've been testing the new chart module layout and I'm loving the customizability. Screen real estate is being utilized more fully.

Privacy mode (for when I don't want patients to read the treatment notes unnecessarily). I moved the Treatment Notes section to the lower right. That's where I enter "watch" teeth #s

Full mode. I moved the Progress Notes to its own full vertical area

Question: When I try to increase the size of the ChartModuleTabs, the size of the text and buttons remain the same. I was hoping to make them bigger so it's easier to enter treatment using touch screens. Is there anyway to have them fill in to the size of the box? Thank you.
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/

JoeMontano

Re: V19.1 Chart Module Layout

Post by JoeMontano » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 am

Glad your enjoying the new feature!
As of right now the ChartModuleTabs size does not effect the child controls in the tab pages. When this feature was completed we planned on making the control behave in the way that you mentioned and now seems like a good time to for a feature request so that we can make it happen!
I have created FR 9017 for this and have submitted it for approval.
Joe Montaño
Software Engineer
Open Dental Software
Joe@OpenDental.com

JoeMontano

Post by JoeMontano » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:06 am

Looking closer into what this would take, it seems that the growth logic for the controls in the tab pages would be tricky. Do you have specific tabs you have in mind that would benefit most?
What I would love to see would be if you could edit the layout of the tab control specifically like we do the chart module now. This would take a decent amount of work but not a bad FR too.
Joe Montaño
Software Engineer
Open Dental Software
Joe@OpenDental.com

teethdood

Post by teethdood » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:18 pm

Thank you for answering!

The most used and therefore the most beneficial tab to make bigger/resizeable is in my opinion the "Enter Treatment" tab. The surfaces buttons and the single click procedure codes are too small for fat fingers if used with touchscreens. It's usable albeit with lots of mistakes currently. Thanks
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/