Multiple offices with one central database

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
kapricorn

Multiple offices with one central database

Post by kapricorn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am

We have a doctor that is converting from softdent and he has 5 locations and one central billing office. He wants to get rid of the central billing office and have each office bill for their own ins and statements and have the payments go back to the individual offices. Also each office would need to submit their own electronic claims and have the payment go back to the office that produced it. (All 5 offices would still be running off of one central database)
How can we setup open dental to do this?
I think we would need to add fields for address under provider info and have that filed be associated on the ins form with billing dentist and maybe for statements use patient provider address. The offices could setup seperate views on the appt book and could setup seperate billing accounts for each patient.
Any Ideas?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Use the Clinics feature. Each Clinic has an address. Clinics may be assigned to patients, insplans, claims, appointments, operatories, procedures, statements, and many other objects. One limitation is that providers not move between clinics. If a provider works at two different clinics, they must be in the system as two different providers.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

kapricorn

Thank you.

Post by kapricorn » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:30 am

I haven't seen the clinic option for so long I seemed to forget about it. It seems that it will be able to do everything with the exception of billing statements. We could add a billing type associated to each clinic or maybe we can add clinic choice to the billing option screen.
Thanks again

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:02 am

We need to add a clinic choice to the billing screen. Maybe I'll try to do that today since I'm already overhauling it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com