Potential Bug in version 16.2.55

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Ardavan

Potential Bug in version 16.2.55

Post by Ardavan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Hello,

Today we noticed that the claim preview populates fields in the "Billing Provider" section directly from the database.

For example, If we have a claim which was sent and received a year ago, and within that time there have been changes to the "Default Billing Provider" name or address, generating a preview of said claim today will look different than the original claim.

While populating these fields from the database is ideal behavior when generating new claims, it can be misleading when looking at historical data. I believe (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that historical data should not change, especially claim and chart records.

Please let me know if I should further clarify (or if this has already been addressed).

Thanks,
~ardy
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

cmcgehee

Re: Potential Bug in version 16.2.55

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Ideally you would be able to print a claim that was sent a year ago and it would show the information that was on the claim back then, but we don't store previous versions of the claim. So the Preview and Print buttons are intended to show the claim as it exists today.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Ardavan

Post by Ardavan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 am

Is the eTrans table designed for electronic claims only?
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

JoeMontano

Post by JoeMontano » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 pm

The etrans table stores many types of electronic transmissions. Our documentation states

"One electronic transaction. Typically, one claim or response. Or one benefit request or response. Is constantly being expanded to include more types of transactions with clearinghouses. Also stores printing of paper claims. Sometimes stores a copy of what was sent."

Currently I see 30 types of etrans rows, many of which are related to claims but not all. For instance insurance benefit information.
Joe Montaño
Software Engineer
Open Dental Software
Joe@OpenDental.com