opendental 5.5 linux build errors

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
radu.pop

opendental 5.5 linux build errors

Post by radu.pop » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:13 am

Hello,

Can you help me build opendental 5.5 under my linux box? (slackware 12.0).
I paste below the errors I get after running make.

===============================================
$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.6 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. http://www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC)
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none

===============================================
$ make
nant
NAnt 0.86 (Build 0.86.2898.0; beta1; 12/8/2007)
Copyright (C) 2001-2007 Gerry Shaw
http://nant.sourceforge.net

Buildfile: file:///home/zero/opendental5.5/opendental.build
Target framework: Mono 2.0 Profile
Target(s) specified: build

[tstamp] Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:02:32 PM.

init:

debug:

set-framework-configuration:

set-mono-2.0-framework-configuration:

build:

[echo] Build Directory is /home/zero/opendental5.5/build/mono-2.0.unix/opendental-5.4-debug
[nant] /home/zero/opendental5.5/CodeBase/CodeBase.build build
Buildfile: file:///home/zero/opendental5.5/CodeBase/CodeBase.build

build:

BUILD SUCCEEDED

Total time: 0.2 seconds.

[nant] /home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/OpenDentBusiness.build build
Buildfile: file:///home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/OpenDentBusiness.build

build:

[csc] Compiling 206 files to '/home/zero/opendental5.5/build/mono-2.0.unix/opendental-5.4-debug/bin/OpenDentBusiness.dll'.
[resgen] Read in 11 resources from '/home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/Properties/Resources.resx'
[resgen] Writing resource file... Done.
[csc] /home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/Imaging/FileStoreSettings.cs(11,1): warning CS1030: #warning: `Hard-coded path'
[csc] /home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/DataAccess/DataSettings.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Oracle' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[csc] /home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/DataAccess/DataSettings.cs(9,1): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DataAccess.Client' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[csc] /home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/DataAccess/DataSettings.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Oracle' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[csc] /home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/DataAccess/DataSettings.cs(9,1): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DataAccess.Client' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[csc] Compilation failed: 4 error(s), 1 warnings

BUILD FAILED - 0 non-fatal error(s), 5 warning(s)

/home/zero/opendental5.5/OpenDentBusiness/OpenDentBusiness.build(32,11):
External Program Failed: /usr/local/lib/mono/2.0/gmcs.exe (return code was 1)

Total time: 1.9 seconds.

BUILD FAILED

Nested build failed. Refer to build log for exact reason.

Total time: 2.3 seconds.

make: *** [all] Error 1
=============================================

Thanks in anticipation.
Radu Pop

P.D.
Also, I have one comment :while running opendental 5.5 compiled on a windows machine (and run under wine from linux): the tooth chart fails to display properly the various procedures on the teeth, like crown, extraction, root canal treatment, the various fillings... etc.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Switch to the 2D tooth chart and it will work better. http://www.open-dent.com/manual/graphics.html

As for building it on Linux, you'll have to ask someone else. I prefer to build on Windows. Although the errors do seem to refer simply to missing dlls.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

radu.pop

Post by radu.pop » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:42 am

Hey,

Thank you very much for the quick and kind reply. I will give the 2d tooth chart a try. As of the linux build issue, I will keep digging.
If you or anyone alse still has any suggestion of the best method of running opendental on a linux box, will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Radu Pop

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:05 pm

You've seen our Linux page, right? I build on Windows, and copy the files to a Linux directory. It's really easy.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

radu.pop

Post by radu.pop » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Yes, this is how I get it to work, but still having some trouble with screen refresh and texts being cut off at some points. Also I thought the tooth chart was broken too. So that's why I was trying a different approach, that beeing building directly with mono. Anyway, built under windows and run under linux with mono generally works acceptable, except the small problems I mentioned above. May be others too. Let me know if you're interested or I can help in any way.

Regards,
Radu