eReminders

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
josiedds

eReminders

Post by josiedds » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 pm

I just set up my eServices Connector so I can start using eReminders.
Is there a way to send myself a tester email to see how it will look to patients?

Also, what if the patient who has the appointment is a child and doesn't have an email listed? How do I work around that?

JasonL

Re: eReminders

Post by JasonL » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Test Messages: When I work with eReminders/eConfirmations, I usually set up a test appointment with a patient that has my contact information (both cell phone and email address) and check the "Send All" checkbox in the reminder rule. This will allow you experience both the text and email portion of the reminders/confirmation system and make any necessary adjustments.

Child Info: If the patient is a child and doesn't have an email listed, the system will attempt to contact the guarantor of the account. An alternative option is to place the guarantor's contact information in the child's contact info fields to make sure that the parent receives the information. Keep in mind that we have a message aggregation feature built into Open Dental that will send off a single message regarding multiple patients if multiple patients have the same contact information and have appointments on the same day for the same location (the same location portion only matters if you use the Clinics feature).

If you plan on using the text messaging feature with automation, we highly recommend making sure that you keep the text messages short so they all fit within a single message part (160 characters). Let us know if you have any additional questions!
Jason Long
Open Dental Web Technology Coordinator
www.opendental.com

josiedds

Post by josiedds » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:19 pm

thanks

josiedds

Post by josiedds » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:55 pm

I know that eConfirmation changes the color code in the little circle in the upper right hand corner of the appointment box. Can we set up eReminders to do this? So that we know if the patient received an eReminder email or eReminder text?

JasonL

Post by JasonL » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Are you looking for an "at a glance" method or are you looking for a way for eReminders to be documented?
If you would like to see documentation: You can left click on an appointment to select the patient and you will see any emails/text message reminders in their commlog.
If you're wanting an "at-a-glace" method: I wouldn't think you would want the confirmation status of the appointment to be changed based on a reminder being sent since reminders and confirmations are used for different purposes. We do have an existing feature request that you could vote on (FR 4558) stating that the date/time for the reminders to be sent would be shown on the appointment. I think your request is very similar, just with a color indicator instead of the date/time text of when it should have happened.

Hope this helps!
Jason Long
Open Dental Web Technology Coordinator
www.opendental.com

josiedds

Post by josiedds » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 am

ok, i'll check that out. thanks.