FHIR and Dropbox as an AtoZ folder

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Ardavan

FHIR and Dropbox as an AtoZ folder

Post by Ardavan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:46 am

Hello,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, OpenDental and the OpenDental team are absolutely awesome! I'm surprised to be the first on the forums to mention the FHIR API in version 16.3, this is HUGE!!!. I remember some hints towards a browser version of OD possibly as early as 2017, and with the features packed into 16.3 my imagination is running wild, but I have no fact besides the FHIR documentation to help me get a grasp of what this means. All I can find from OpenDental is the mention in the versions page. Any hints or teasers about the new features would be greatly appreciated.

As far as dropbox is concerned, am I correct to assume that we could potentially have no local storage of images if we choose dropbox as our AtoZ folder? Would we have to setup dropbox on each workstation or just once at one workstation then the other machines read the configuration from the database?

Thanks,
~ardy
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

cmcgehee

Re: FHIR and Dropbox as an AtoZ folder

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:28 pm

I can answer those questions. We are starting small with FHIR and planning to build onto it as long as there is sufficient interest. The resources which we have implemented are Appointment, Location, Organization, Patient, Practitioner, Schedule, Slot, and Subscription. These resources are read-only with the exception of the Subscription resource. You can download the documentation for it from this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6336.

Dropbox is intended to replace local storage of images. You would only need to setup Dropbox once, and then each workstation will be able to use the Dropbox credentials in the database to access images. This allows you to look at your images outside of Open Dental and outside of your office.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com