Problem with hydrocodone elixir in NewCrop Rx

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
wjstarck

Problem with hydrocodone elixir in NewCrop Rx

Post by wjstarck » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:40 am

If I try to prescribe hydrocodone elixir in NewCrop Rx, it always fails with the error message

Code: Select all

Create NewRx: Scheduled drug does not have representative NDC XML not generated
Thanks
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Arna

Re: Problem with hydrocodone elixir in NewCrop Rx

Post by Arna » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I have escalated to our eRX team who should be in touch with you shortly.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Brad Meyer

Post by Brad Meyer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:22 pm

I have looked into your issue and it appears you may be attempting to prescribe an obsolete drug. Although this may be a drug you have prescribed in the past, it is no longer a suitable drug to prescribe electronically and you will need to find a current alternative. To help narrow down your selection, be sure to un-check the box below Drug Search labeled “Include ‘obsolete’ drugs.” If you are still unable to find a suitable alternative please call us at (503)363-5432.
Brad Meyer
eRx Coordinator
Open Dental Software

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:35 am

Brad Meyer wrote:I have looked into your issue and it appears you may be attempting to prescribe an obsolete drug. Although this may be a drug you have prescribed in the past, it is no longer a suitable drug to prescribe electronically and you will need to find a current alternative. To help narrow down your selection, be sure to un-check the box below Drug Search labeled “Include ‘obsolete’ drugs.” If you are still unable to find a suitable alternative please call us at (503)363-5432.
Ahh, very good thanks. The hydrocodone 5 mg/APAP 217 mg is indeed obsolete, so I will write Loratab elixir 7.5/APAP 325 mg per 15 mL from now on.

But FYI, I have obsolete drugs unchecked, but the first one still shows up on the list.

Thanks again
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA