PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.

PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Sun May 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi all,
I had set up patient portal on own server,I am able to access the demo part of it however , I get the following error whenever I try to login an actual user both locally and remotely-
Error status text:
Error status code: 404
Error text: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>IIS 10.0 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;}
code{margin:0;color:#006600;font-size:1.1em;font-weight:bold;}
.config_source code{font-size:.8em;color:#000000;}
pre{margin:0;font-size:1.4em;word-wrap:break-word;}
ul,ol{margin:10px 0 10px 5px;}
ul.first,ol.first{margin-top:5px;}
fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;word-break:break-all;}
.summary-container fieldset{padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:4px;}
legend.no-expand-all{padding:2px 15px 4px 10px;margin:0 0 0 -12px;}
legend{color:#333333;;margin:4px 0 8px -12px;_margin-top:0px;
font-weight:bold;font-size:1em;}
a:link,a:visited{color:#007EFF;font-weight:bold;}
a:hover{text-decoration:none;}
h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
h3{font-size:1.4em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#CC0000;}
h4{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 5px 0;
}#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS",Verdana,sans-serif;
color:#FFF;background-color:#5C87B2;
}#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}
.summary-container,.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}
.content-container p{margin:0 0 10px 0;
}#details-left{width:35%;float:left;margin-right:2%;
}#details-right{width:63%;float:left;overflow:hidden;
}#server_version{width:96%;_height:1px;min-height:1px;margin:0 0 5px 0;padding:11px 2% 8px 2%;color:#FFFFFF;
background-color:#5A7FA5;border-bottom:1px solid #C1CFDD;border-top:1px solid #4A6C8E;font-weight:normal;
font-size:1em;color:#FFF;text-align:right;
}#server_version p{margin:5px 0;}
table{margin:4px 0 4px 0;width:100%;border:none;}
td,th{vertical-align:top;padding:3px 0;text-align:left;font-weight:normal;border:none;}
th{width:30%;text-align:right;padding-right:2%;font-weight:bold;}
thead th{background-color:#ebebeb;width:25%;
}#details-right th{width:20%;}
table tr.alt td,table tr.alt th{}
.highlight-code{color:#CC0000;font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;}
.clear{clear:both;}
.preferred{padding:0 5px 2px 5px;font-weight:normal;background:#006633;color:#FFF;font-size:.8em;}
-->
</style>

</head>
<body>
<div id="content">
<div class="content-container">
<h3>HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found</h3>
<h4>The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.</h4>
</div>
<div class="content-container">
<fieldset><h4>Most likely causes:</h4>
<ul> <li>The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.</li> <li>The URL contains a typographical error.</li> <li>A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.</li> </ul>
</fieldset>
</div>
<div class="content-container">
<fieldset><h4>Things you can try:</h4>
<ul> <li>Create the content on the Web server.</li> <li>Review the browser URL.</li> <li>Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66439">here</a>. </li> </ul>
</fieldset>
</div>

<div class="content-container">
<fieldset><h4>Detailed Error Information:</h4>
<div id="details-left">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr class="alt"><th>Module</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;IIS Web Core</td></tr>
<tr><th>Notification</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;MapRequestHandler</td></tr>
<tr class="alt"><th>Handler</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;StaticFile</td></tr>
<tr><th>Error Code</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0x80070002</td></tr>

</table>
</div>
<div id="details-right">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr class="alt"><th>Requested URL</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;https://64.235.33.117:443/opendental/opendentalwebservice/WebServiceMain.asmx/ProcessRequestPatientPortal</td></tr>
<tr><th>Physical Path</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;C:\Program Files (x86)\Open dental\OpenDentalWebService\WebServiceMain.asmx\ProcessRequestPatientPortal</td></tr>
<tr class="alt"><th>Logon Method</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Anonymous</td></tr>
<tr><th>Logon User</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Anonymous</td></tr>

</table>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
</fieldset>
</div>

<div class="content-container">
<fieldset><h4>More Information:</h4>
This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.
<p><a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=62293&amp;IIS70Error=404,0,0x80070002,10240">View more information &raquo;</a></p>

</fieldset>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

any help would be much appreciated
Thanking you in anticipation
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jwhitney » Mon May 16, 2016 6:07 am

Have you done the recommended steps in the exception you posted? I would recommend you navigate to "//64.235.33.117:443/opendental/opendentalwebservice/WebServiceMain.asmx/" and make sure the asmx exists. Then browse to it through your web browser to ensure that the web method "ProcessRequestPatientPortal" shows up and that you can enter a test string to test that it will give you a response. If you aren't able to do all of these steps then that is where your issue lives.
In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Josh Whitney
Open Dental Software
1-503-363-5432
http://www.opendental.com
jwhitney
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Mon May 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi there
Thanks for your prompt reply
-opendental/opendentalwebservice/WebServiceMain.asmx - the file exists on the system and is about 1kb only- contains the following code
<%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="WebServiceMain.asmx.cs" Class="OpenDentalWebService.WebServiceMain" %>

- However, I am not able to locate -WebServiceMain.asmx.cs in any of the folders

- Not able to access -from browser -//opendental/opendentalwebservice/WebServiceMain.asmx- while it has the same permissions as '/OpenDental/OpenDentalWebService/GWT/PatientPortal/PatientPortal.html ' which is accessible on the browser

are we missing something here???? :oops: :cry:
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 pm

The asmx.cs file isn't needed to host the web service.

Can you browse to it locally on your web server without HTTPS (lets get that working first)?
http://localhost/opendental/opendentalwebservice/WebServiceMain.asmx

If not, I would suspect the application pool not being set to .NET 4 or maybe you have a 64 bit OS and don't have the "Enable 32-bit Applications" setting set to true?

I've also seen it where some users don't have the Windows Feature "ASP.NET 3.5" and "ASP.NET 4.6" installed (these are not checked by default) which is of the utmost importance. Keep in mind that the previous versions of ASP.NET differ from OS to OS so they don't have to match mine exactly, just make sure all ASP.NET versions available to your OS are installed first (I bet they are, this error doesn't sound like this but felt I should mention it just in case).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Mon May 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Also, have you considered having Open Dental host your patient portal for you? It is much easier to set up and we spent a lot of time developing newer versions of Open Dental so that users don't even need to open a port on their router. We drained so much time and effort into helping people host their own web services that it quickly became unmanageable (as you are finding out) so we pretty much stopped supporting it (via phone calls at least). Also, there are going to be new and more complicated features that we come out with (patient portal online payments) that will not work with self-hosted portals.

http://www.opendental.com/manual/portalhostedbyod.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed May 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply , not activating asp.net was the flaw and now the site is online
How ever the following is seen whenever we try to access I get the following error-
Error: Your provider has not setup this patient to view Continuity of Care Documents. Please contact your provider.

I tried the solution provided
Error: Your provider has not set up this patient to view the Continuity of Care Documents. Please contact your provider.
Solution: This occurs when the patient tries to access the Care Summary (CCD) in the portal. Generally this only happens when the guarantor is viewing a dependent's care summary. It means that information required for the care summary is missing from the patient's chart (birth date, phone number, and address). Check that the patient in the care summary has birth date, phone number, and address fields filled out (Edit Patient Information window).

Even this solution does not seem to work.
Thanks again for the offer, I shall currently explore these and try to understand how well they work, then in the future we could contemplate
Thanking you in anticipation
DR PIllai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 pm

What version of Open Dental are you using? This will let me give you a definitive answer because it may have changed over the many versions of the Patient Portal.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/update.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed May 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply again
I am using version 15.4 currently
regards
Dr Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Thu May 19, 2016 9:08 am

Wow, there are a lot of things that need to be perfect in order for CCD generation to show for the patient. I haven't looked at our manual but after I write this post I will see if it includes everything necessary and if it doesn't I'll get with our web site maintenance team and get it updated.

Two things:
1. We log the error within the Event Viewer on your server. So all you should have to do is log in as a patient (test one would suffice) and try to view a CCD which should get you the error you mentioned above and then go look at the event viewer on your server and you'll see a detailed error message stating why the patient couldn't view the CCD.
2. Most common error is that required code systems are not downloaded and installed in the system. I think SNOMED and CVX codes are the only required ones but there may be more (haven't had time to look in detail).
http://www.opendental.com/manual/ehrcodesystemimport.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Fri May 20, 2016 3:41 am

Dear sir,
Thanks for your prompt reply again,much appreciated
We are moving ahead, one step at a time, thanks to you again
Event Viewer Log
Message: Invalid practice state. Must be two letters.
Missing provider DR MK NPI.
Missing SNOMED codes. Go to Setup | Chart | EHR | Code System Importer to download.Missing clinic 'Dr.Pillai's Dental VIKHROLI' city.
Invalid clinic 'Dr.Pillai's Dental VIKHROLI' state. Must be two letters.
Missing provider DR MK NPI.
Missing provider DR PK NPI.
Function Name: EhrCCD : GenerateCCD
Is Exception: True
Application Log Level: Error
Entry Log Level: Error

Data Context:
Error deserializing the dto type 'DtoGetTable': <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><DtoGetTable xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><Credentials><Username>77bd5f60191b5baeefc10ae41896c830</Username><Password>3bbfb29d1db9140c125a53910f710b2e</Password></Credentials><MethodName>PatientPortalPPs.GetDownloadCCDForPatient</MethodName><Params><DtoObject><TypeName>Int64</TypeName><Obj><long>2</long></Obj></DtoObject></Params></DtoGetTable>

Call Stack:
1 - EhrCCD : GenerateCCD
2 - EhrCCD : GenerateCCD
3 - EhrCCD : GenerateElectronicCopy
4 - PatientPortalPPs : GetDownloadCCDForPatient
5 - DtoMethods : MethodPatientPortalPPs

Snowmed Code- Unable to download as my Registration Key is not from the USA

Error report from the webpage

Error: Your provider has not setup this patient to view Continuity of Care Documents. Please contact your provider.


Invalid practice state. Must be two letters.
Missing provider DR MK NPI.
Missing SNOMED codes. Go to Setup | Chart | EHR | Code System Importer to download.Missing clinic 'Dr.Pillai's Dental VIKHROLI' city.
Invalid clinic 'Dr.Pillai's Dental VIKHROLI' state. Must be two letters.
Missing provider DR MK NPI.
Missing provider DR PK NPI.


Thanking you in anticiaption
Dr MK Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Fri May 20, 2016 10:47 am

drmkpillai wrote:Unable to download as my Registration Key is not from the USA

We cannot legally give SNOMEDCT codes to non-member nations. We don't have an official way of tracking our customers locations to see if they are in fact within a member nation. For now we use the registration key as our best indicator. This is upsetting to many users (especially users in Canada) which is why feature request #3928 was created.

We're currently working on allowing offices to hide the CCD section in the Patient Portal and we will have a more intuitive alternative that displays relatively the same information but in a more Open Dental way instead of the clunky EHR way (CCDs are a requirement for EHR users).
This is request #4071

http://www.opendental.com/manual/featurerequests.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 pm

HI there
Thanks again for the prompt reply Jsalmon, appreciate it very much.I remember the times when Jordan used to respond to at this forums and even on mails, he used to be very prompt with issues as well.
I wanted the patient portal for three things without any of which they would be as good as nothing
1.Allowing patient to view and understand progress notes with the provider having the ability to hide option.
2.Patient being able to view his accounts - that's almost already possible.
3.Track Lab works and appointments.
The major part of which is currently out of ambit,therefore,not much of an option but to Put this on hold for my patients else develop an app to do so.
As far as your feature request go, I wonder if that is being regularly updated -Req NO-696- Multiple treatment plan with selection of one has already been implemented,however here it still shows status 'In Progress'.

Thanks for your help
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Sat May 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi,
Upgraded to version,16.2
The demo functions well.
In contrast,on entering User ID and Password for an actual user, the following error is thrown-
Internal server error. Please notify the dental office to call support or try again later.

Downward slope....
Thanks
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Mon May 23, 2016 11:54 am

What is the detailed error in your server log for this error?
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed May 25, 2016 4:46 am

Thanks again for the professionalism
Beyond patient portal -Discovered a Bug.
-SmS automation has stopped working in 16.2.5-automation settings- general runtimes- as soon as we save it ,the same reverts to current time values in both,therefore effectively identical times prevent text email automation.
Will revert back with the error log soon
thanks and regards
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 am

drmkpillai wrote:-SmS automation has stopped working in 16.2.5-automation settings- general runtimes- as soon as we save it ,the same reverts to current time values in both,therefore effectively identical times prevent text email automation.

I've submitted a potential bug in our system to look into this.

On a side note, if you are sending text messages and using the SMS automation then you have the eConnector already set up and don't need to do anything special for your patients to log into the Patient Portal. All you need to do is click the 'Get URL' button in the Patient Portal tab of the eServices Setup window and then it should just work (hosting wise). You can save yourself a lot of time and headache and not mess with this web server stuff that seems to be giving you grief.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/portalhostedbyod.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed May 25, 2016 10:56 am

Hi Jsalmon,
You were right about the patient portal- Its fine after '-https://www.patientviewer.com/?ID=xxx'
But because I am outside the US and dont have the Snowmed code - I get the follwoing error-
Error: Your provider has not setup this patient to view Continuity of Care Documents. Please contact your provider.

and once the download button is clicked
Invalid practice state. Must be two letters.
Missing provider DR MK NPI.
Missing SNOMED codes. Go to Setup | Chart | EHR | Code System Importer to download.Missing clinic 'Dr.Pillai's Dental VIKHROLI' city.
Invalid clinic 'Dr.Pillai's Dental VIKHROLI' state. Must be two letters.
Missing provider DR MK NPI.

Any idea on the bug on 16.2.5
Thanks and best regards
Dr Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Wed May 25, 2016 12:33 pm

drmkpillai wrote:But because I am outside the US and dont have the Snowmed code - I get the follwoing error-

Right, as I mentioned above CCDs are a requirement for EHR which is a US only pandemic. Also, as I mentioned above, we are working on a way for users to hide the CCD section and instead will show them a custom view that we will build from the ground up so it won't have any of these annoying "I'm not going to show your patient anything because you don't have an NPI entered for your provider" errors. I'd guess it'll be part of v16.3 if everything goes swimmingly.
drmkpillai wrote:Any idea on the bug on 16.2.5

It is in the queue and hasn't been looked into yet. We have lots of bugs that we're working on right now with the recent release of v16.2, as you can imagine.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm

drmkpillai wrote:-SmS automation has stopped working in 16.2.5-automation settings- general runtimes- as soon as we save it ,the same reverts to current time values in both,therefore effectively identical times prevent text email automation.

I believe this bug might be due to your time formatting within Windows because I cannot duplicate what you are describing yet I could see if there was a strange format that the boxes weren't expecting that they'd load up the same time thus shutting down your automation.

Within Windows, let me know the settings of your Formats tab within the Region window either by typing them out or giving a screenshot:
Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Region

E.g. my settings are as follows:

Format: English (US)
Short date: M/d/yyyy
Long date: dddd,MMMM d, yyyy
Short time: HH:mm
Long time: HH:mm:ss
First day of week: Sunday

Examples:
Short date: 5/25/2016
Long date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Short time: 14:31
Long time: 14:31:12
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed May 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks once again Jsalmon, that was quick ,
Meanwhile can you tell me in which data table the values for this time setting are stored, I could verify(that's because I am able to set it OK but as I open the same window again, both the time values seem identical, hence want to verify what's happening at the data base front) and query set the same, if at this was a software glitch.
Moreover, this was fine until version 15.4.51

Thanking you in anticipation
Best regards
Dr Pillai
Last edited by drmkpillai on Wed May 25, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed May 25, 2016 6:53 pm

hi,
I have changed the settings to US in regional, and then then Hours format seems to have solved the problem of retaining the time entries to whatever values those are being set,however the automatic emails are still not being sent, moreover,we can't set the date to US format because in this region people would be confused on days and month.
Furthermore,in Tab Appt Reminder Text messaging is selected by default, earlier I could select email or tick 'Send all' which would select email as a method. Now send all does not select and darken the email field however the reminder forecast emails to be sent shows an increase in number .
My registration is a free registration, and by default the text messages are disabled, therefore it could be possible that auto email reminders could as well have been disabled

drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 am

drmkpillai wrote:Meanwhile can you tell me in which data table the values for this time setting are stored...

I could but I don't want to. I would rather you tell me what your Region settings were / are set to when it doesn't work so that I can set my Region to those settings and fix the bug that was introduced so that other customers do not have this problem.
drmkpillai wrote:I have changed the settings to US in regional, and then then Hours format seems to have solved the problem of retaining the time entries to whatever values those are being set,however the automatic emails are still not being sent, moreover,we can't set the date to US format because in this region people would be confused on days and month.

I think you misinterpreted my previous post, when I said "Within Windows, let me know the settings of your Formats tab within the Region window either by typing them out or giving a screenshot: Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Region". I just want to know your settings, not have you change your settings to something else. I think America is great and all but I'm not quite patriotic enough to force you to convert from your ways to ours. :wink:
drmkpillai wrote:My registration is a free registration, and by default the text messages are disabled, therefore it could be possible that auto email reminders could as well have been disabled

I'll have to take a look into our code, it is very possible that this is the case but I don't know off the top of my head.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Thu May 26, 2016 11:51 am

Dear Jsalmon
Thanks again for your reply,
I was using the Indian settings,( Nevertheless why don't you market Opendental in India,
Right you may get a lot less for each subscriber. Volkswagen realised their mistake only after suzuki stole their pie in the number game.
Its still a nascent and untapped market. )
Anyways getting back to the problem at hand- No email automation and No progress notes on the patient portal is a hurdle.
Thanks and let me know if you could think of the possible cause.
Thanking you
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Thu May 26, 2016 4:06 pm

My assumption was correct, our current code can't convert "26-05-2016 ৰাতিপু 6:58:11" into a valid date and time for some reason. I'm going to add this to our bug tracker and look into it myself.

It also looks like email automation is not tied to a paid service so it should work once we get this time bug fixed.
http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/ODBugTracker/PreviousVersions.aspx
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Thu May 26, 2016 4:11 pm

drmkpillai wrote:...Nevertheless why don't you market Opendental in India...

We don't even market in America. I think we go to one or two local dental conferences on occasion, but we're primarily a company that grows in popularity via word of mouth. The software and our support is just so good that it markets itself.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Thu May 26, 2016 7:48 pm

WOW
That's great, I think some how it is a matter of getting a foot print in INdia for taking steps to a long route.
Any inputs on the bug for date format in the runtime option and why automatic emails may not be sent on this new version 16.2.5, also for patient portal error for not having smtp -else no one outside of US would be able to see progress notes.
Thanks
Dr Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Fri May 27, 2016 11:35 am

drmkpillai wrote:Any inputs on the bug for date format in the runtime option and why automatic emails may not be sent on this new version 16.2.5

That was extremely hard to figure out. Turns out to be a bug with the .NET DateTimePicker control. Luckily enough there was a workaround that I was able to implement in order to get it loading and saving correctly.
The bug "Setup Recall and Confirmation Automation Settings, the Start and End Run Times were failing to load and save correctly for foreign users sometimes (e.g. India). " is fixed and will be released with v16.1.24 and v16.2.9.
After you update to or above v16.2.9 you should be able to go into that setup window and correct your times which should (in theory) start emailing those reminders again.

drmkpillai wrote:also for patient portal error for not having smtp -else no one outside of US would be able to see progress notes.

The patient portal doesn't need SMTP (email protocol) except for sending Summaries of Care to other providers which is an American feature so you don't need that. Web Mail should work just fine for you (communications between the patient and you, their provider) which doesn't use any email protocols and instead uses our own mechanism for communications.

Also, you keep mentioning the progress notes and I'm very confused because there is no such thing as progress notes in the patient portal. Are you constantly bringing that up just because you really want that feature implemented before you can consider the patient portal useful for your office? Or are you once again referring to the Care Summary module which is, once again, a feature primarily for EHR (a.k.a. USA) and your patients won't be able to see that kind of information until we implement a different way to view said information (as I mentioned earlier we are currently working on such a thing and hope to get it included with 16.3, but no promises).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi
Much appreciated your prompt and pointed reply
Great that the bug was neutralised.
I am sorry I meant Snomed not SMTP that was a typo.My apologies
your patients won't be able to see that kind of information until we implement a different way to view said information (as I mentioned earlier we are currently working on such a thing and hope to get it included with 16.3, but no promises).

That's what I meant, because I believe patients logging on to portal may want to know a few things such as
-The steps(possibly the next as well as the previous) in the treatment
- The lab work progress tracking etc
-The appointments etc
The effort and hardwork we put should be clearly beneficial to the end user, was the point I was trying to make. Furthermore, as a free user I generally keep away from making feature requests and If at all then I would mention the sum $ I could bet on. I am already ever obliged and Indebted to Team Opendental for serving people like us.
Thanks once more
Dr MK Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Fri May 27, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello Jsalmon,
Thanks for the new update of 16.2.9, I can confirm the bug removal however the automatic email reminder still wouldn't work.
The last working version was 15.4.51. I have the same .exe and the open dental folder saved elsewhere which I am able to run.Even so, automated emails were not working from 15.4.51
I figured out there was an authentication error as the passwords where encrypted in versions greater than 16, therefore from inside the version 15.4.51 , I created a new email id and set that as default to override the password encryption. I was able to sent regular Emails from 'E-Mail' Button on OD Menu.However,automated emails are still not working,could possibly be because of permission changes in the database.
Would be really helpful if you could look into this issue
Thanks so much
Dr Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Tue May 31, 2016 6:04 pm

hi all,
Auto appointment confirmation not working after update to version 16.2,anyone else facing same problem?
Any suggestions or ideas?
thanks
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby jsalmon » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Do you get an email entry within Open Dental that makes it seem like an email was sent but the email was never actually sent? If that is the case, I may have just fixed your issue with another bug that was submitted the other day:
"eServices, automated reminders were being marked as successfully sent even though no email was sent."
Fixed and will be released with v16.1.26 and v16.2.11.
http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/ODBugTracker/PreviousVersions.aspx
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com
User avatar
jsalmon
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi JSalmon,
Hope you are doing great,much appreciate your promptness
zThat's not the case here, I am pretty much able to send the mails from email tab and also manual confirmations. Its only that Automatic confirmations don't work which were working very well until we upgraded to version 16. Currently even using version 15.4 does not send mail,could probably due to mismatched econnector versions. god knows!!

requesting you to pl put up the foreign version for 16.2.11
Can Confirm that 16.2.11 installed and Auto reminders still not working for email

SHALL WE TROUBLESHOOT
1.What are the minimum essentials for the auto reminder to work - Do those match in my case given the fact that - E -connector is working
2.If it is needed for the versions of Open dental and Econnector to match
3. If it is required to be from the same location ie the Opendenal.exe and econnector
4.Any changes to permission in 16.2 upwards such as for free registration key.
5.Any changes in email configuration that could alter the same
6.Any alteration of the database that could have affected the auto-reminders.
7.Can the usage of different versions of OD to the same database affect Auto reminders??

best regards
Dr MK Pillai
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Re: PATIENT PORTAL NOT WORKING

Postby drmkpillai » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:40 am

Any help on why auto appointment confirmation may not be working.I have listed the possible causes above.
drmkpillai
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am


Return to Advanced Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest