CEMT command line and plugins

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Ardavan

CEMT command line and plugins

Post by Ardavan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello awesome people,

Cant wait for 16.1 to be released as stable, I've been compulsively checking the website for updates!

Forgive me for asking before peeking at the source code, but I have two questions regarding the CEMT:

1) Do you foresee (or are there already) command line options for the CEMT? It would be great if I could fire up the CEMT feeding it a phone number at the command line, and after logging in the search results are presented.

2) Do you foresee extending the plugin infrastructure to the CEMT? The plugin infrastructure would help developers who wish to build upon your work with the CEMT, but don't want to reintegrate and recompile their code every time opendental is updated.

Thanks!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

allends

Re: CEMT command line and plugins

Post by allends » Mon May 02, 2016 8:58 am

1) Do you foresee (or are there already) command line options for the CEMT? It would be great if I could fire up the CEMT feeding it a phone number at the command line, and after logging in the search results are presented.
There are currently no Command Line arguments for the CEMT. Suggestions such as the phone number are good feature requests though.
2) Do you foresee extending the plugin infrastructure to the CEMT? The plugin infrastructure would help developers who wish to build upon your work with the CEMT, but don't want to reintegrate and recompile their code every time opendental is updated.
Improving the CEMT with plugins would not be too difficult to do. It is definitely something we can consider.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com