Romexis Error

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
PeterI

Romexis Error

Post by PeterI » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 am

The Server that runs Romexis no refuses to run . I get This error message :

NetWork Error
Connection refused to host: 192.xxx.xxx.108 localhost; nested exception is:
Java.net.connectionException: Connection refused Connect.
I have been told that Romexis is ip specific is that true ? But this is the server with adm privilages i am using. The only thing I know is that when i run cmd and look at ipconfig
the server is ip is the same as above with the exception the last 3 numbers are 104 instead of 108. When I go into TCP/ipv4 properties of the alt settings that is where I get the ip 192... ... ...108. So the question is . Is the error due to the fact that the current ip of the system is 104 and it needs to be 108 to work? And if so , how do I change it

bpcomp

Re: Romexis Error

Post by bpcomp » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:27 am

In your system root should be a file called Dimaxis.ini. This is where you edit Dimaxis and Romexis connection settings. You can usually go to start and then run and type dimaxis.ini to open the file. The usual culprit is the password. Look for this section:

Code: Select all

[ODBC]
DSN=tcpip 192.xxx.xxx.xxx 1313
UID=dimaxis
PWD=dixi
Trusted=1
The PWD is usually blank and needs to be set to dixi. (at least is does for Dimaxis and I assume it's the same for Romexis) You can also edit the IP settings from here. If you need more help with it then that, best call PlanmecaUSA.

Justin Shafer

Re: Romexis Error

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:42 am

If you use Kaspersky, it wants to monitor traffic on this port mainly used by Yahoo Instant Messenger, and a Planmeca Pano.

Just an FYI. That feature should be disabled.