Add custom patient fields into sheets?

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
FDC

Add custom patient fields into sheets?

Post by FDC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 am

Is there some way I can have the values of a patient's custom field output to a sheet? I'm digitizing an existing paper form for case presentation, and it has a box to put down some data that we keep in a custom field, but I can't find a way to get them on a sheet. I'm currently envisioning it as an exam sheet, but really, as long as it prints out the Patient's name too, it could be any type. Any one have a suggestion? Thanks!

jsalmon

Re: Add custom patient fields into sheets?

Post by jsalmon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:03 pm

This is currently a feature request #1739 which will allow you to export specific pat fields onto a sheet and #2618 for letting users input into pat fields.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

FDC

Re: Add custom patient fields into sheets?

Post by FDC » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks jsalmon! I threw a couple points at those requests. I hope they get to these, because I think it would really take the customization of sheets to the next level. I've been watching the ability of sheets and webforms grow for a few years until I felt they were useful enough to be used by patients, and due to updates from Open Dental and internal tech, I think its time! I'll just have to find a workaround for awhile, and keep an eye on version update features.