How does the Program Link to Ewoo/EZDent work?

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Jess

How does the Program Link to Ewoo/EZDent work?

Post by Jess » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 am

The other program link we've been testing, to Trophy/Kodak, seems pretty straightforward. It's passing a few flags on the command line to "tw.exe" in order to select the patient. (By the way, does anyone have a complete command line reference for Kodak/Carestream? I'd be very grateful!) However, it appears that for the Ewoo/EZDent link, the "EasyDent4.exe" command is being called without arguments of any kind. I also can't tell that anything is going on with environment variables. The patient is being communicated somehow, since the program link opens the correct patient. But I can't tell how? I will appreciate any information about this mystery.

thanks,
Jess Austin

Crown Dental

Jess

Re: How does the Program Link to Ewoo/EZDent work?

Post by Jess » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:55 pm

OK from reading the code in "OpenDental/Bridges/Ewoo.cs" it appears that everything goes through a "linkage.xml" file, which is created by Open Dental, then read and immediately deleted by EZDent. So I guess what I need is a reference for the elements and attributes that can appear in that file. I've asked VaTech, but haven't yet connected to anyone knowledgeable. So, if anyone else can help that would be great!

JoeMontano

Post by JoeMontano » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:28 am

I just read through the documentation provided to us and all elements that can appear are being populated in Ewoo.cs
Joe Montaño
Software Engineer
Open Dental Software
Joe@OpenDental.com

dgraffeo

Post by dgraffeo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:01 pm

In Ewoo.cs from lines 41 to 65 you can see all the patient information that is included (patient last name, first name, chartnumber/patnum, address, etc). These are all created as XML tags with LastName, FirstName, ChartNumber,etc. Is that what you are looking for?
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

JoeMontano

Post by JoeMontano » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:26 pm

Yes, so like I said all the attributes you can set are being set and I verified this by double checking the manual/documentation we got from VaTech.
Joe Montaño
Software Engineer
Open Dental Software
Joe@OpenDental.com