Locating incorrect Ins Estimate Remaining

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
drtech

Locating incorrect Ins Estimate Remaining

Post by drtech » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:03 am

We have one account where it lists $14 ins estimate remaining, but I can't figure out where it is coming from. The pt does not have any ins claims pending and I can't see it listed on any individual procedure on a scan of the account. Database Maintenance did not clear it either. Any clues or ideas on how to remove this ins estimate in error?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

bpcomp

Re: Locating incorrect Ins Estimate Remaining

Post by bpcomp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:14 am

This is probably going to be a pain but I would look at each procedure in that account from the account module. When you open up a procedure, there will sometimes be extra entries at the bottom in the "Insurance Estimates and Payments" section. I've seen them generated by starting a claim with one insurance, deleting the claim and then entering different insurance and submitting. I don't know if this is your issue but it's what I would look at.

tgriswold

Post by tgriswold » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Do you have OD set to automatically run aging, or do you manually run aging? The InsEst column in the account module will only fill on pending claims, so you're looking for a claim that has been created or sent. To the database you're looking for a claimproc with status 0.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

MrsSmithVeep

Post by MrsSmithVeep » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:16 pm

I have been an office manager for 14+ years and what I usually find what this problem is comes from the employee or staff member doing incorrect math. Or the benefit information could be set up wrong, or possibly the patient or ins. may have overpaid. :) MrsSmithVeep Hope it helps!