Open Dental and PreXion

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
QVANguyenDDS

Open Dental and PreXion

Post by QVANguyenDDS » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello all:

I have just gotten the PreXion Eclipse installed and wow, so much more to look at.
I have added the button program Link per Open Dental, but I have found that by substituting the [Chart Number] with [PatNum] I only need the get the patient number from Open Dental and Type that into the Patient ID field in Prexion and the PreXion button in Open Dental links the patient and the image together.
I do not have to retype a second number into the Open Dental Chart Number Field since now with the Prexion software you can assign your own patient ID which I use the Open Dental Patient Number for
original command line:
-l username -p password -pid [ChartNumber] servername 1200

revised command line:

-l username -p password -pid [PatNum] servername 1200

With XDR, I do not have to type anything and it links directly. Is there a better way to link PreXion automatically with Open Dental? I have reduce the number of keystrokes, but I still have to type in the patient's name into PreXion along with their birthdate. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

jsalmon

Re: Open Dental and PreXion

Post by jsalmon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 pm

QVANguyenDDS wrote:Is there a better way to link PreXion automatically with Open Dental?
Add a feature request for us to create a built in bridge to PreXion. That's the best way that will utilize all parameters that PreXion allows.
QVANguyenDDS wrote:...I still have to type in the patient's name into PreXion along with their birthdate.
You'd have to look up the command line argument that lets you pass the patients name and then utilize our [FName] [LName] arguments much like you did for [PatNum].
As for birthdate, you'd have to create a feature request for additional "optional" arguments. If you choose to do it that way, I'd recommend adding votes / discussion comments to Req #1795.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com