getting a strange error message

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
gorilla121

getting a strange error message

Post by gorilla121 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Having a problem with eaglesoft, opendental and scanners right now. I finally got the scanner to work smoothly on open dental. But when I thought all is well I got a strange error message right after scanning with opendental.
OpenDental.exe caused EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION <Unknown> at Ox4f4c4149
The strange part is this error message was created from patterson eaglesoft. Even stranger eaglesoft wasn't running. I checked in the application and processes to make sure nothing was running. Yet after I scan a couple of pages into open dental I get this error message which closes down open dental.

I called open dental. And the tech says its an eaglesoft problem. When I call eaglesoft they said that the program runs in the background and that because its opendental causing the violation its open dentals problem.

I need some help with this cause its making the open dental crash very frequently when scanning. Anyone have any idea on what is causing this? Can you chime in on this Jordan?

Thanks.

teethdood

Re: getting a strange error message

Post by teethdood » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:16 am

I'm assuming you are switching from eaglesoft to OD? Just get another computer without eaglesoft, install OD, and scan away.
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/

jsalmon

Re: getting a strange error message

Post by jsalmon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 am

There is a service that Patterson runs that interferes with MySQL and it needs to be stopped. I can't remember what the service is called because it's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure if you disable everything that EagleSoft runs in the background and restart the computer that the error will most likely go away.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com