adding custom dynamic fields to appointment booking

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
DJRCB

adding custom dynamic fields to appointment booking

Post by DJRCB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi there,

i was just wondering if there is any way to add custom fields to the appointment booking interface? I realize you can add custom fields via the setup menu, however i'm interested in dynamic inputs. for example, i would like to have a field such as 'Booked By' and the content would be the user name of the person logged in at the time of booking. So basically the user wouldnt have any control over the content of this field, it would dynamic use the current users name.

hopefully this is somewhat clear

thanks for any help you can offer

Cheers!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: adding custom dynamic fields to appointment booking

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Well, we already have a field for "booked by". It's part of the securitylog. You can see it in the audit trail for the appointment.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DJRCB

Post by DJRCB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:35 am

Hi Jordan,

first off, thank you for the prompt reply!

would it be possible to take that a step further and display some of the audit trail info on the main booking page? since the info in already stored in the DB i assume its more of a retrieving and displaying situation. i do have some experience in query language (mostly web php).

is this something i could fumble through?

thanks again

DJRCB

Post by DJRCB » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 am

getting starting on the right path... if i wanted to add such functionality to the appt. edit form, would i need to editing this in the source code and recompile or would a plugin achieve the desired effect?

thanks again

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 pm

jordansparks wrote:Well, we already have a field for "booked by". It's part of the securitylog. You can see it in the audit trail for the appointment.
Jordan,
The audit trail gives very limited information. Confirming an appt or clicking any of the Appt Status buttons in the Appt Module does not even generate a log entry.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429