Insurance not displaying in Appointment table

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Tom

Insurance not displaying in Appointment table

Post by Tom » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 pm

I am trying to match up appointments by patients' primary dental insurance. I have found quite a few appointments where the InsPlan1 field displays 0 instead of the patient's Ins Number tied to the InsPlan table. The patient has a record in the InsSub table and that links to the InsPlan table. I cannot figure out what is keeping that information from flowing to the Appointment table. The appointment itself is showing the patient's insurance.

jsalmon

Re: Insurance not displaying in Appointment table

Post by jsalmon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Those fields only get "automatically" set when the appointment is set complete so that you have a record of what insurance the patient had at that point in time. You are most likely looking at appointments that are not completed yet. Try filtering your results with "appointment.AptStatus=2" OR since the InsPlan1 and 2 fields can be manually set by the user at any point in time thus making it very possible that appointments of other statuses have values set. So a better filter would be something like "appointment.InsPlan1<>0".
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com