Twain driver for taking Digital Xray

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
mimai

Twain driver for taking Digital Xray

Post by mimai » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:30 am

Can Open Dental acquire image from digital X-ray equipment and store it in the patient's image folder if that equipment has a Twain driver (Sirona)? If not, what is the different between that and acquiring images from scanner? If it can, what is the procedure to acquire the image if the driver has been loaded?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Twain driver for taking Digital Xray

Post by jordansparks » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 am

We have not tested such scenarios, but I know some of the users on this forum have tried things like that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 am

if any users are doing what jordan is talking about please chime in.

mimai

Post by mimai » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:31 am

I tried it yesterday and it worked!
I clicked the scan photo button on the image screen. First, I was asked to choose the TWAIN driver (equipment). Then, I got an error message from Open Dental saying that the equipment is not compatible. I closed that and was transferred to the TWAIN driver (Sirona) and then did the image acquisition. At the conclusion of the acquisition, I was transferred back to Open Dental and was asked to specify folder to store image just as if I had just scanned the image! I had a beautiful directly acquired panograph image in the patient's panograph folder.
The process would have appeared flawless except for that error message which did not prevent anything. Can we get rid of that message on the next update?