Criticare vital signs EKG prinout sent and stored

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Roy Bloom

Criticare vital signs EKG prinout sent and stored

Post by Roy Bloom » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:17 am

For those of you interested, I got the criticare monitor scholar to send the printout every 5 minutes throught the rs232 port in the back to the USB in the tablet. Using Cute PDF (thanks again Bill) I placed a folder on the desktop called anesthesia records. The Anesthesia Module has a print function and cute PDF asks you where to print to and it can be a folder. Thus I have the Patient TX (using autonotes), Sedation record, discharge score,EKG print out and of course the bill which is then emailed to the front desk if they have wireless or I just plug into their network. They then just copy and paste this into patient chart on their end and I import all the information into patient images under the heading sedation and treatment records. All consent forms signed and stored in pt chart in tablet. No Paper, no scanning and no paperwork when I get home. More efficeint and exact. Also, Radioshack has a Bluetooth for 9 pin port with it own power source and settable baud etc for less than 70 bucks. By the way Hyperterminal is not included in windows 7.

As a side note what happened to Mallampatti on the Anesthesia record? I would also like to see a review of medical Hx, current medications, allergies, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and lung sounds CTAB, etc. questionaire. Also, I do a lot of 4 to 6 hour sedations and I run out of room on the table where is shows all the meds used on the printout(expandable table?). As of now I put all that in the box in the bottom left.

One more month and the college students and high school students start getting out their 3rds. I better hurry up and get this all finished.

wjstarck

Re: Criticare vital signs EKG prinout sent and stored

Post by wjstarck » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 am

Roy Bloom wrote:As a side note what happened to Mallampatti on the Anesthesia record? I would also like to see a review of medical Hx, current medications, allergies, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and lung sounds CTAB, etc. questionaire. Also, I do a lot of 4 to 6 hour sedations and I run out of room on the table where is shows all the meds used on the printout(expandable table?). As of now I put all that in the box in the bottom left.
Good point, a nice pre-anesthetic evaluation form has been on my mind for a while. I want to see how Open Dental's own EHR viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3446&p=15029&hilit=ehr#p15029 shapes up before I commit to any coding, because a lot of the features of EHR (meds, diagnoses, allergies) will already be a part of OD, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

As for the vitals and meds for long cases, that has been a priority for awhile. Until I can create a nice printable form, these can be generated and printed with a query for the time being. I'll post those as soon as I can. Also, 7.9 will have the ability to manually input vital signs into the vital signs table, for those who have non HL7 vital sign monitors, so this might save you some scanning anyways... :P
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Roy Bloom

Post by Roy Bloom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 am

I am already scan free as of getting the monitor to record the printout through the serial port to USB on the Tablet. As for what OD developes that is cool. Still, I would like to see the anesthesia module as a stand alone product. It is getting harder and harder to lift all that surgical equipment. I see myself doing just sedation or going to a 24 month program and doing anesthesia in the next 6 years or so. There is such a great need for that especially for special needs patients.
[img]C:\Users\Roy%20Bloom%20DDS\Pictures\Roy.jpg[/img]

Roy Bloom DDS
General Dentist Providing IV Sedation and Oral Surgery for Your Patients at Your Practice.

http://sedationoncall.com
http://drbloom.com

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 am

Roy-

This query will give you all the meds given to a particular patient on a given date for a patient(for those long cases):

Code: Select all

SELECT anestheticrecord.AnestheticRecordNum,anestheticrecord.AnestheticDate, patient.PatNum as 'Patient#',patient.LName,patient.FName, patient.Gender, anesthmedsgiven.AnesthMedName, anesthmedsgiven.QtyGiven, anesthmedsgiven.QtyWasted, anesthmedsgiven.DoseTimeStamp as 'TimeStamp'
FROM anestheticrecord
LEFT JOIN anesthmedsgiven ON anesthmedsgiven.AnestheticRecordNum = anestheticrecord.AnestheticRecordNum 
LEFT JOIN patient ON patient.PatNum = anestheticrecord.PatNum
WHERE AnestheticRecord.PatNum = 10950
AND DATE_FORMAT(anestheticdate,'%Y-%m-%d') >= '2011-04-14'
Just change the patient number (found at the top of the anesthetic record and the date to suit your needs.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Roy Bloom

Post by Roy Bloom » Mon May 30, 2011 9:10 am

Neato! Then print to cute PDF and send to their printer or email.
[img]C:\Users\Roy%20Bloom%20DDS\Pictures\Roy.jpg[/img]

Roy Bloom DDS
General Dentist Providing IV Sedation and Oral Surgery for Your Patients at Your Practice.

http://sedationoncall.com
http://drbloom.com

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 am

FYI, automatic import of vital signs from Criticare monitors is the next thing I'm going to tackle. Some users also have Mindray, which look like pretty nice monitors, so I'll be checking these out too.

There's a list of the Criticare monitors we hope to support here http://www.bigideasoft.com/monitors/
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA