Appointment Card

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
BRD

Appointment Card

Post by BRD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:04 pm

I went to a local Ortho office, The assistant was able to schedule and print next appointment card in the back.
They have dedicated printer at front desk that print out the card.
The appointment card prints out on regular paper, size 4 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch. I have attached a copy on the link.
Can OD print the appointment card like this? or Can we expect this feature in future?
The idea is great. Patients are more likely to make their recall appointment in the back office by assistant rather than front office.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2 ... utIC&hl=en

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Appointment Card

Post by jordansparks » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Close. Very very close. We have "sheets" for all kinds of things. One of them is for an appointment label. It is, of course, totally customizable. So the graphics are no problem. But right now, it gets sent to the label printer. We haven't given users a choice between labels, different sizes of cards, etc. It would take very little work on our end. But since we are simultaneously working on a thousand other little features, there's the timing of when we add it will depend heavily on demand from users. We measure demand through the feature request system.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

nathansparks

Re: Appointment Card

Post by nathansparks » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:26 am

In the mean time, if you have a stack of preprinted cards, you print to the label maker and stick the label onto the card. The reason why this is fairly popular and folks are not clamoring too hard for your proposed feature is that a 4.5 inch square sheet is not likely to last in my wallet until my next apt, and if it just the reminder that I need to transfer to my calendar, it is printed on the walkout statement. And because most printers are not very happy with a 1 and 3/4 x3 inch business card, the labels work pretty well. You could also put the label onto the 4.5 inch sheet if that is preferred. We would like to provide more options for you, as Jordan said, so I am just adding some details that could provide you a work around until then.