Missing Setup.exe for re-install

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
arron

Missing Setup.exe for re-install

Post by arron » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Hello,

I am the IT person for an OpenDental customer, and am trying to help him do a DR Test (for both peace of mind, and as a dry run for the 7.0 verison upgrade).

I have setup a test server, and have recovered the backups. I have discovered though that the setup.exe that I think is supposed to reside in the AtoZ folders is missing.

We are currently running version 6.7.32.00. I have found the trialversion installer (for 6.2.7) that appears to have been used in the "initial" install. I have installed the 6.2.7 trial; but cannot upgrade it (assuming because it isn't licensed.)

Is there a way I can download an installer or setup for the version I am running now? My client has support and I can contact them. I am after support hours, and hoping to leverage the knowledge of the forum. My goal is to install this version in my test environment and validate we can recover, and to verify that we can rollback from our version 7 upgrade should something go awry.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Arron

sandi

Re: Missing Setup.exe for re-install

Post by sandi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:14 am

Must be the compiled version? that doesnt have the setup.exe in the A-Z folder obviously.
The way ive done it is to install the trial on the test server with the my.ini, mysql server and a-z folder , then copy across the compiled dlls and bin and paste it into the c programs open dental folder overwriting whats there. Then when open dental opens it upgrades the database itself.

arron

Re: Missing Setup.exe for re-install

Post by arron » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 am

Yep, it's the compiled version. I will give that a try tonite.

Thanks Sandi!