Create a New Sheet

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
jcospina

Create a New Sheet

Post by jcospina » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi

I would like to know if its posible to create a sheet based on the image below :?:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3231/img022gv.jpg

thanks

Bye

BRD

Re: Create a New Sheet

Post by BRD » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 pm

This is tough one, you may have to use the OpenDental team and pay for their services,
I created a simpler form in Adobe Pro9 but was unable to get it to work, do you know where to put the form once done ? I tried to put in Sheets and Forms folder in c:\opendentaldata\ but it did not work. I tried both in pdf and word format.
Thanks

jcospina

Post by jcospina » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 am

hi

thanks for your answer

actually i dont know where to put the form you create, im new in OpenDental. I hope there is some way yo implement the form i need, any reply is well received

thanks a lot

bye

sandi

Post by sandi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 pm

You can put it in consent, ive put a few in there that arent anything to do with consent, you can import and then click on it and draw on it to tick boxes etc and save it. Very simple.

BRD

Post by BRD » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks Sandi
I was able to move the form within open dental to consent tab
But if I create a new form from the scratch, then I am having trouble where to place that. Is there a consent folder in the C:\\opendentaldata\? I could not find it

Jcospina: you could download a free trial of Adobe pro 9 from their website and try to create a form from the scratch. You may be able to import from this image and able to create one by playing with it

GS

sandi

Post by sandi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Ive no idea , but i think they are saved in opendent images in a particular folder. I guess read the manual or failing that ring support if you subscribe thats what they are for.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 pm

I suppose you could put your pdf form in the AtoZ "Forms" folder. That folder really doesn't have anything to do with our patient forms features. It is sort of just a place where you can store template images or pdfs that you want to make copies of for various patients. It's covered at the bottom of http://www.opendental.com/manual/images.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jcospina

Post by jcospina » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi

thanks for all the replies...
What im trying to do is to implement the form in the link below, and try to use it as a sheet in open dental. According to what is in the replies, do i have to implement this form in adobe acrobat and move it to some especific folder??. And if there is a another way to do it, please post it.

thanks

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3231/img022gv.jpg

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

no, you do not need to use acrobat. That is for forms to send to the patient via e-mail and get them back to import directly. If that is what you want, then yes you do need acrobat 9, but from what I think you want, just create a sheet, import the image you want to use, and create the boxes over the input areas for your sheet. It will take you quite a while as you have so many fields...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

BRD

Post by BRD » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:51 pm

JSparks - thanks, I got it,
Is it possible to create a pdf template form outside of OD and import into PATIENT FORMS or CONSENT FORMS category, so patient can fill it and sign it just like OD now have patient registration form and health history form
Thanks
GS

jcospina

Post by jcospina » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi

I created a form in adobe and move it in the AtoZ "Forms" Folder,it works fine. I want to create the form in OpenDental, i tried to do it in sheets tab. I created a new sheet and choose type "MedicalHistory", but there are some limitations, like i cant use RadioButtons, however the type "PatientForm" have it.

Is there any way to create a sheet that includes all the features of the different types of sheets :?:

Bye

BRD

Post by BRD » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:19 am

jcospina: Finally figured it out, the best way for you to create a form is as follows:

The image you have in the link (http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3231/img022gv.jpg),
export this image into sheet folder (only PNG,JPG or GIF have worked for me, not the PDF or DOC format)
Try to create a new form by going under setup then sheets, click new and choose Patient form
You will get a blank form, now choose the static image,
From the file menu, drop down arrow will show you the image you have exported
Chose that image, Now you will have the image in the background, you can add editable field on top of that
You may not get the radio buttons etc but can get Yes/No, check box, field for patient to fill out, this is not as good as Adobe form is
hope that helps
GS

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 am

BRD wrote:Is it possible to create a pdf template form outside of OD and import into PATIENT FORMS or CONSENT FORMS category, so patient can fill it and sign it just like OD now have patient registration form and health history form
Yes. Patient Forms can include any categories from your Images module. So when you put a copy of your template pdf into the Images module for a patient, it will show in Patient Forms if you have set it up properly.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:31 am

jcospina wrote:Is there any way to create a sheet that includes all the features of the different types of sheets
No, because each type of sheet is used in a different way. Those radio buttons that you are talking about are actually tied to certain fields at the moment. They are not general purpose, even on the patient registration form. Adding support for general purpose radio buttons is planned.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jcospina

Post by jcospina » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 am

Hi

thanks for the replies, i think the best option is to create the form in adobe, and import it. I look forward the support for general purpose radio buttons.

thank you again

bye

BRD

Post by BRD » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm

"BRD wrote:
Is it possible to create a pdf template form outside of OD and import into PATIENT FORMS or CONSENT FORMS category, so patient can fill it and sign it just like OD now have patient registration form and health history form

Yes. Patient Forms can include any categories from your Images module. So when you put a copy of your template pdf into the Images module for a patient, it will show in Patient Forms if you have set it up properly."

I have OD support people try that but it did not work. Template PDF form do not show up in the form section where it can be set up in Kiosk, It only show up in the "image" module under FORM button. Only PNG, JPG images works in the sheet/forms where it can be filled in Kiosk,

One more thing about the "invalidating sig" if anyone try to alter the editable field after signature, there should be a warning POP UP to alert the user before it lets user change the form. This will prevent the accidental overwriting or new employee mistake.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Any PDF that ends up in the image module in the proper category will show in the kiosk. So I really don't know what you mean by "Only PNG, JPG images works in the sheet/forms where it can be filled in Kiosk". If you are saying it's hard to get the pdf into the images module, that's another matter entirely.
Jordan Sparks, DMD