I am migrating from 6.5.25.0FullVer. to 7.0Ver.open source

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
slobo_n

I am migrating from 6.5.25.0FullVer. to 7.0Ver.open source

Post by slobo_n » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:01 pm

I read the following on the Open Dental webpage, "Warning!! Code downloaded using methods listed on this page is NOT suitable for use in a live setting. A database using such code will be unable to upgrade later to a newer version. Specifically, any database version with a "0" build will NEVER be able to be upgraded to any newer version." Found here - http://www.opendental.com/manual/developers.html.

Does that mean that when i convert my database from full version 6.5.25.0 to version 7.0 open source I wouldn't be able to upgrade to version 7.1?

drtech

Re: I am migrating from 6.5.25.0FullVer. to 7.0Ver.open source

Post by drtech » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

no, it means, you would never be able to if you used version 7.0.0 (previous developmental version) or 7.1.0 (current head version). Currently if you download the latest beta code, you would be at 7.0.23 which is fine. Just don't use the HEAD version for your real data. or when the LAST digit of the three digit version is 0. All other versions are workable. There is no difference between "open source" and "Full version."...only difference is are you compiling yourself or are you paying for support and having it done for you automatically.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

tdong

Re: I am migrating from 6.5.25.0FullVer. to 7.0Ver.open source

Post by tdong » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 am

I think you are confused with the Head Revision radio button at check out of the SVN . As long as you don't download the head folder in the directories you are fine.

get the

fcarlier
head <--------don't get these get the one below
opendental6.9 - is the release version now the 7 is still in beta
opendental7.0