Insurance adjustment

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
keyush

Insurance adjustment

Post by keyush » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 am

I just upgraded to version 6.8.50.0. Noticed that when we enter the adjustment to insurance benefit (both Ins used and Ded used), only the deductible part is showing correctly in the Treatment plan screen. The remaining benefits does not account for the adjustment. Looking at the code in InsPlans.cs, the function GetInsUsedDisplay is supposed to calculate that for general category, but it skipped the general because the line
if(!CovSpans.IsCodeInSpans(histList.StrProcCode,covSpanArray)) {//for example, ortho
continue;
}
returned false. The StrProcCode associated with the insurance adjustment is NULL, hence it does not find it in the span from D0000 to D9999. That is the reason it skips that. The comments mention that the code is written this way to skip ortho benefit, but somehow it skips the general too. Has anybode else noticed this bug??

Thank you,

Keyush

keyush

Re: Insurance adjustment

Post by keyush » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:48 am

Forgot to mention that I upgraded from 5.5.18.0 - big jump, so not sure if other versions before 6.8 such as 6.6 or 6.7 may have this bug too..

Keyush

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Insurance adjustment

Post by jordansparks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:13 pm

That looks like bug #1045, which was fixed for 6.9 and 7.0 almost two months ago. The fix seem to have not been backported to 6.8. I'll put it on the bug list for 6.8.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com