Changing Provider Order

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
BABurch

Changing Provider Order

Post by BABurch » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:46 pm

We just converted three offices from Dentrix to Open Dental. We have a large list of provider numbers to accurately track each provider for each locatoin. I'm trying to put them in order by location by using the up and down arrow in the provider list window. However, when you use this option it seems to select another provider at random and also move that one at the same time. It could be the 12th one up the 16th one up or whatever. So I then have to go back and reput the ones I've already ordered back in order...but then it moves another one from below in a different order. It too seems inconsistent. It may rearrange the 3rd or 4th one down by flipping the two providers. This makes no sense to me. A simple re-order task and its taking my hours because I have to remove and re-order the same thing over and over and over and over.

Please help!!! My frustrations are growing...and I'm just trying to balance the conversion data against Dentrix but I need the providers in a similar order to more quickly and easily compare data.

Brett

drtech

Re: Changing Provider Order

Post by drtech » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:51 am

make sure you don't click the button too fast, it seems to jump sometimes....just pause a half second in between clicking. This bug has been eliminated in most lists now, but there may still be one hanging around somewhere as you say. This always did it for me when I had the same problem.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

atd

Post by atd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:56 am

I experienced the same problem, just haven't had a chance to report it. Clicking the up/down arrow does not work as expected - it will highlight a second provider and then if you click the button again you get the message "Please select exactly one provider first". So, you have to click the provider, click up once, then click the provider again (to unselect the 2nd one you didn't want), etc. Sometimes it reorders providers you didn't even have selected. Very time consuming and frustrating.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:54 pm

I put it down as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com