unhandled exception at remoteclient 6.6

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
chrijj

unhandled exception at remoteclient 6.6

Post by chrijj » Sun May 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi

maybe i'm doing something wrong on the build process... i built 6.6.9 and then copied the release files over my previous opendental installation, when i launch the program, it converts the database to the new version, and it's successful, but then i get an Unhandled exception, "access to the path remoteclient.exe is denied" here are the details

if i continue it hangs...

what am i doing wrong?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: unhandled exception at remoteclient 6.6

Post by jordansparks » Mon May 25, 2009 5:16 am

I edited your post to get rid of all the clutter because I thought your description was good enough. But then I looked at your description again and realized it wasn't quite what I thought. I don't recognize "remoteclient.exe" at all. But I can tell you what it's trying to do at that point. It's trying to copy everything from your application folder into your AtoZ folder. So maybe you have a file in your application folder called remoteclient.exe. And maybe you don't have Windows permission for that file. But it says "path". And "remoteclient.exe" is a very oddlooking "path". I just don't know. What does your AtoZ path look like?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

chrijj

Post by chrijj » Mon May 25, 2009 5:35 am

my a-z folder path is "C:\OpenDentImages".

there is a remoteclient.exe file at c:\program files\opendental, i removed read-only access to this file, and running as administrator (windows vista), but it doesn't help.

Thanks for your help
Last edited by chrijj on Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

chrijj

Post by chrijj » Mon May 25, 2009 5:44 am

Now i 've removed read only permission to my a-z folder, and now it seems to work fine. i'll do some testing and post the results.
Thanks for your help once again.