Prescriptions

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
drLouis

Prescriptions

Post by drLouis » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:52 am

Hi

I don't know how prescriptions looks in US, but here in Romania we use some predefined forms in which we can write more Drugs on the same paper; we use some latin abbreviations, like: "Rp" instead "Rx"; also we need to enter the diagnosis before any Rx;

I believe that you should redefine the RX Template Form; the Rx should be grouped by Diagnosis; for a list of diseases each dr. should add some Drugs, so when a patient has a certain affection, the dr. prints that Prescription.

So basically there should be only 2 input fields:
1.Diagnosis
2.Drug and Indications field; multiline;

These fields should support some basic text enhancements, like richedit ctrl, so we can bold or size the text as we want;
Of course with the current editable Forms (Sheets) I believe it can be done but the other fields remains redundant, because I need only 2 fields: I'll write Diagnosis in "Drugs" and prescriptions like drug name and indications, number in Sig Field.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Prescriptions

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:23 am

Yes, you can redefine the Rx sheet. See http://www.open-dent.com/manual/sheets.html
You can change the size of the font there.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drLouis

Post by drLouis » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:32 am

yes I know, It's what I did;

In the Rx Setup I use Only the "Drug" and "Sig" fields to store what I need; Then I edited the Rx sheet to display only those fields;
My request is if you could enlarge a little in the future the "Sig" edit box inside "Edit Rx template"; I use it to enter More than one Drug each followed by its Disp and Sig; the edit box doesn't let me see at least 5-6 lines from what I enter there.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Oh, I get it. We do that in the US, too. Just not usually if it's computer generated.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drLouis

Post by drLouis » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Ie, a simpler prescription can look like this

Code: Select all

Dg: Acute apical periodontitis
Rp: 1. drug1 cps, x mg
       Nr: X (roman letters)
       Ds: take 1 at every 6 hours etc.
    2. drug2 cps, z mg
       Nr: VI (roman letters)
       Ds:...
RO->US
Rp means Rx
Nr->Disp
Ds->Sig

Dg=Diagnosis (yeah, we must write this also on prescription)

Now you could imagine what I said "In the Rx Setup I use Only the "Drug" and "Sig" fields to store what I need". In the "Drug" edit box I write Dg (Acute apical periodontitis), and in "Sig" edit box the Rp text, because it supports multiline.

I believe that storing drugs sorted by diagnosis is more convenient and eye pleasant, don't you? :)