ASAP List

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Rickliftig

ASAP List

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:43 am

Hi Jordan -

I've been working with the ASAP list (a welcome feature), but have to figure out the communication flow here. I can create an appointment and place it on the ASAP list, BUT, then the appointment has to be placed somewhere in the day/book or it's gone. Conceivably, we would say to the patient, " We can get you in on November 32,2999, but I'll put you on the ASAP list and if we get a cancellation..." So is that how you would work it? make a future appointment and refer to the ASAP list if the opening occurs?

Also, how would you handle this situation... the patient says, I can't make an appointment now, I'll call you back... would you place these on the unscheduled list? IOW, a short-call list.

best,

Rick

(In the middle of an ice storm - morning has been cancelled)
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: ASAP List

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:41 am

Right. You actually schedule them for a future appointment in case nothing earlier opens up. The ASAP list is an attempt to move the future appointment to an earlier date. If they are "going to call you back" the most important thing is to get the planned appointment in place. As a secondary measure, you can also put them on the unscheduled list. But they would only stay there for a few weeks before being removed.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com