Bug with time card calculations

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Mifa

Bug with time card calculations

Post by Mifa » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:29 am

I have 5.8.6 in production and 6.1.5 in test. The bug is with both versions. One of our employees exceptionally came in the office for a few hours on a Sunday. This Sunday was the first day of pay period 2 (our two weeks pay period start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday). She clocked out after 1.55 hours in the office. This amount of time was added to the regular time total for the previous pay period (pay period 1), which is wrong, not added to the weekly total of the last week of pay period 1 (which is correct) and also appeared in the time card window for pay period 1 (which is wrong). In addition, it was added to the weekly total of the first week of pay period 2 (which is correct), but got deduced from the regular time total for pay period 2 (which is wrong).

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Bug with time card calculations

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:19 pm

I wish I could have followed all of that, but I just couldn't. My answer is that we have simply always assumed that nobody would work on Sunday. I would not consider debugging Sunday issues to be a high priority, and you should not expect it to work from now on. You could put it in as a request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

V Suite

Post by V Suite » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:17 pm

I know of two Seventh-day Adventist dentists just a couple of miles apart who open their offices on Sunday, not Saturday. One uses OpenDent, the second is seeking Practice Management software and will probably use OpenDent.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 pm

Hmm. Well, that's interesting. It should go through the feature request system, and I'll keep it in mind, too.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com