RecallTypes

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
tmv2

RecallTypes

Post by tmv2 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi,

I have a couple questions about the RecallTypes in v6.0.6.

For Prophy procedures everything works fine. Prophy recall record shows up in the Family Module's Recall table and the Appts Module's Recall Lists. I can schedule an appointment off of the Recall Lists and it will automatically be removed from that list.

For 4BW recall, it shows up in the Family Moduel's Recall table and Appts Module's Recall Lists fine. However, when I try to schedule an appointment from the Recall Lists, I get a popup window with message "No recall is due" even though I see the due date is 1 year out . The same thing happens with user-added-type code. For an example, I might define a 3-year Pano recall that get triggers with code RD0330-3Y and "Procedures on Appointment" with code D0330.

Another question is there a way to set the user code RD0330-3Y in the chart to 'Complete' without it showing up in the Account Module.

thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: RecallTypes

Post by jordansparks » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Only the prophy and perio types are designed to show in the recall list unless you change the selections at the bottom of the recall setup window. I don't quite understand why you have 4BW showing on the recall list.

2nd question: Set it to ExCur instead of Complete. It can still be appropriately dated.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

tmv2

Post by tmv2 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:34 pm

>"unless you change the selections at the bottom of the recall setup window"
Yes, I selected everything in "Types to show in recall list" of the recall setup window. The 4BW recall record does show up in the Recall table of the Family module, but I can't schedule it in the Recall Lists of the Appts module because of the "No recall is due" pop-up window. What is correct way to have this recall record schedule so that I see a date in the "SchedDate" column of the Family module's recall table.

For Perio recall type, I have D4910 as "Procuedures that trigger.." and "Procedures on Appointment". However the trigger doesn't trigger when D4910 is set 'Complete'. No recall record show up in Recall table of the Family module and Recall Lists of the Appts module. However, if I manually add the Perio recall in Recall table of the Family module and set a "Due Date", it does show up in the Recall Lists of the Appts module and I'm able to schedule it normally with the set "Procedures on Appointment" code. Do you know what is going on here?

thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:21 am

My point is to not select everything at the bottom of the recall setup window. Just select perio, prophy, and special types like endo recall.

The perio trigger will only work for patients that are toggled to perio type manually beforehand.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com